• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

How Long??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldenchops55
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,
I am in my 8th week of Caruso, and today I added the Major 7th's. I hit the High F# at the end!! I was totally amazed. I have made a major breakthrough. Anyway, I was wanting to know how long will it take until my embouchure has found its most effecient set up? How will I know when it has? How long did it take all of you Caruso users that have been using it for several years now? Just curious. Thanks.
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldenchops,

"I am in my 8th week of Caruso, and today I added the Major 7th's. I hit the High F# at the end!!"

There is no end. If you have made it to the F# (be sure you are following the Four Rules closely), at this point you just keep going diatonically. None of the interval exercises have an end. You just keep going.

In my case, I had made some solid progress in a few months and by 1.5 yrs I had my range up to Eb above high C.
Barrett

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey goldenchops.
I can't answer any of your questions directly, but I will add this. Every time in college that I would have a breakthrough or an epiphany my professor would insist that I do nothing but practice for no less than 8 hours a day for the week to make that breakthrough a habit. If you are truly serious about mastering the trumpet I would suggest pulling a "Chopin" and lock yourself up with your trumpet for the rest of the week. That may sound outlandish, but what is one week of time in the greater scheme of things.

Hope your breakthrough continues

Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: