• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

A Good Read

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yoinks
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many people ask questions about the Bill Adam philisophy of how we should approach playing. I think a lot of questions would be answered by reading this article, which is a transcription of a 1975 clinic he did. http://www.roth-music.com/Bill-Adam/articles/ClinicAddress.html

I have had this for a long time, and was going to post the whole text, but discovered it was on his tribute site. It is a bit long, so I just put the link down.
Batman

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adams Citizens,
I read the text on the web page and agree it was a good long read. I found the part about cold and hot weather intresting. What are your thoughts on this topic.

Ever Curious
Batman
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batman,

This is how physics work re: warm air and cold air. Warm air is less dense and carries sound slightly faster.

The same is true of sound waves conveyed in warm water, or (probably) in warm nitrous oxide.

What is your question?
RJ
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The trumpet muscles, or the buccinator muscles, are the muscles we utilize when we are getting ready to spit. "

Very Interesting- I just read this in the above mentioned article and then tried to 'analyze' what was going on when I spit. Guess what happened! My body just totally froze up and I COULDN'T SPIT. wow, analisis is paralysis in action. I think I just had an epiphany.. :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: RJ on 2002-05-12 14:32 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Bill Adam All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: