• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Size=Range??

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tepmurt

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... I've only been exposed to this site for a few days now - don't surf much - and I'm amazed at some of the ideas that are floating around. I never even thought that size would make any difference in playing higher and/or louder. If that's the case, I have a lot of eating to do. I'm pretty pick at 5'9'' & 140lbs.

Perhaps I've never thought or heard that size matters, becuase it doesn't. I'm a firm believer that skill comes with proper technical and musical practice, not with how big you are. I mean, when you think about it, what do you need to play the trumpet? First, you need a good set of lungs, then an unobstructed throat, an unobstructed mouth with a tounge inside, lips, hands, and probably a trumpet. As far as I know, trumpet playing is all about the trachea, not the esophagus! )
RJ
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read an article in a fitness mag about this same question concerning baseballs home run hitters.

They said "strength is only one part of the home-run hitting equation. Flexibility, quikness, timing, and eye-hand coordination are just as important. You can have all those and a beer belly too."
sounds familiar to me. well, not the beer belly just yet, but I'm working on it

Then they suggest some excercises involing rotating the torso to increase efficeincy in movement-maybe our equvalent of turning the air around and blowing?

Anyway, I'm always relating trumpet stuff to baseball so I thought this was cool.
RJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: