• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Thank you Mr.Raymond

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B6L
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't begin to thankyou Mr.Raymond for clearing up and presenting Caruso in a way that we all can make sense out of it. I have tryed MANY times to work out of MCFB on my own and made some improvement but nothing like following your routine.Mistakes I made in the past were, trying to use the lessons as spelled out in the book as a weekly routine, and thinking of Caruso as some bodybuilding workout routine just for the muscles in my face. Now I just follow your routine, and as I am playing the exercises all I think about is my foot hitting the floor.....nothing else, I dont care how it sounds, feels,or if I went as far as the day before.When I start my regular practice then I deal with sound,pitch etc.
I was uneasy at first with the idea of doing Caruso the very first thing,but many times I have played the routine rested @30-45 min and played gigs or a long rehersal and had no problem.
I am now in the 8th. week and my range and power have increased, but strangely my intonation and sightreading also is improving and I know it is because of Caruso
This method really takes all the guess work out of trumpet playing and really gives you more time to work on music..........Thankyou again Mr.Raymond
Nate

.....any more lessons after #15 ?????

[ This Message was edited by: bugleboy on 2002-06-03 19:27 ]
Tim80
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto to what B6L said.

Thanks for your hard work on this forum.

Tim
Murray

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Charly, your explanation of MCFB and your lesson plans are great. You have done all of the forum readers a great service by presenting the exercises in a way that's easy to understand. Anybody that is interested in this method can delve into it, and reap great benefits by using your weekly plans as a guide. Thanks!
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Charly,

Thanks also from a "SuperChopper!" I've always respected your passion, skill and knowledge of the trumpet . . . and of your uncommon desire to help others learn the trumpet better.

Although our approaches may be a LITTLE different, the goal is the same . . . to assist others to help them play better. In the end, that's all that really matters--and we each share this same understanding and passion.

I'm glad, but not amazed at all, that your advice has helped so many. The Caruso method is outstanding . . . but better with your explanations and efforts. Keep up the great work my friend!!!

With warmest regards,

Tom Turner
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm glad this forum is proving to be helpful.

Charly
_Don Herman
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helpful, indeed! I have both "getting started" posts printed out for reference, now that I'm using it again...

Thanks, Charly!

(Oops -- why do I suddenly feel the need for a can of tuna? ) - Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: