• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Hearing protection for 6 notes!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim80
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following Mr. Raymonds advice I've begun using hearing protection while doing the 6 note exersizes. I became too distracted by my tone instead of concentrating on time and air. I would try to adjust to improve the tone out of habit. The hearing protection solved the problem. I can't tell if the tone is good or bad while doing the exersize so I am not distracted. I thought I would share in case anyone else has had the same problem.

Tim
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim,

Exactly. The ear muffs are not intended, necessarily, to protect your eardrums. They serve the purpose of making it easier for you to focus on the time and the blow and not be distracted by a sound that might not be musical. This is a calisthenic exercise implementation only.

No one should get the impression that the Six Notes is particularly harmful to the ears any more than any other normal practice routine. However, if a student is practicing in a small reverberating practice room, as were in the music school that I attended, for long periods of time, it might not be a bad idea to wear the ear muffs for things other than Caruso. For sheer protection, I started wearing ear muffs for the SLS and LSL exercises very early on, and still use them.

[ This Message was edited by: bugleboy on 2002-06-03 14:56 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: