• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Any exp. with Yamaha PA's?????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric M. Parise

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to field some thoughts from those of you with experience playing through a Yamaha EMX68s or EMX5000-based sound system. For smaller to mid size venues the price and convenient set-up of these models definitely seems right. Wondering what I can expect sound-wise from this product...any thoughts??????????

Eric
OCTA-C
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of it depends on the type or model of speaker enclosure you're running with the head. The EMX5000 has more than enough power and, from what I remember, the specs seem very good for a small to medium area. The Yamaha molded enclosures with the 15in. and horn are great speakers for that head. They are very transparent and will handle the power. There are a slew of goodies on that P.A. head also. From multiple preset sound processing to multiple patching capability. Also, Yamaha equipment are made to be workhorses! But, like I said earlier, it depends on the speakers. In any event, you'll be very happy with the sound you'll get no matter what you're running through that head.

"May the good sound be yours!"

"Always remember to blow into the proper end of the horn!"-circa. 1900 (Harry Gardoon)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: