• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Mendez lip buzzing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saltpot
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Mendez lip buzzing? Reply with quote

I hear Mendez used to lip buzz (i.e. no mpc), I was wondering how big a part it played in his practice sessions? And where did he get the technique from? (e.g. was it his dad??).

Any info??

Cheers

Jody
trpt.hick
Rafael Méndez Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure he free buzzed some, but I don't think it was a big part of his practice.

The Mendez Library has a couple of cassettes of clinics he gave at high schools. He mentions mouthpiece buzzing some, but says it is to be just to get the lips started.

I am pretty sure he was not big on free buzzing or mpc buzzing as a routine in itself. There isn't a whole lot of material to base this on, though.

Maybe someone out there knows more?

Dave Hickman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: