• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Deleting Posts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edtaylor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have answered my own question with regard to deleting posts. I have tried to delete posts and found that I could only delete the contents by editing. I made a post to this effect, then went back to edit the post and saw a delete button, so I deleted it. So, is this the rule, a post can only be deleted if it has not been responded to?

Also, a suggestion. On MARKETPLACE sellers are leaving posts up after the items are sold. I know they can be deleted because I made a recent purchase and the seller immediately deleted the ad.
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-05-16 20:17, edtaylor wrote:
I may have answered my own question with regard to deleting posts. I have tried to delete posts and found that I could only delete the contents by editing. I made a post to this effect, then went back to edit the post and saw a delete button, so I deleted it. So, is this the rule, a post can only be deleted if it has not been responded to?

Also, a suggestion. On MARKETPLACE sellers are leaving posts up after the items are sold. I know they can be deleted because I made a recent purchase and the seller immediately deleted the ad.

THANKS FOR THE HELP! Good ideas!!!
trumpetherald
System Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to log in to be able to delete your post. If you edit the post w/o logging in, you won't have the option to delete.
_Don Herman
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I was logged in, and even logged out and back in, but still don't get the "delete" button when I edit my post (in the Horns Forum, "please advise" thread, if that helps).

Suggestions?

Thanks! - Don
_Don Herman
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the top! I decided to delete my post replying to the Editor in the Debate Forum ("Welcome" thread) as adding nothing to the debate, but even when logged in do not get the "delete" option. Wassup?
Confused - Don
edtaylor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don,

I still think it has only to do with whether or not there are other posts after yours, or a time out of unspecified length. I just tried to edit both of your posts above, and the delete was still available. It wouldn't let me delete them or we could really have had some fun. After the TH reply I went back to an old post that I had edited out and tried to delete it, but no delete button even though logged in. All this just to say the mystery continues!
_PhilPicc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the opposite problem. I have posted and then reviewed the post, but when I go back later my post is not there.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Confused,
Phil

We cannot expect you to be with us all the time, but perhaps you could be good enough to keep in touch now and again."
- Sir Thomas Beecham to a musician during a rehearsal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: