• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

La Virgen de la Macarena band arrangements?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpetnerd7
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: La Virgen de la Macarena band arrangements? Reply with quote

I'm a senior in high school, and I will be performing this piece with my school's wind ensemble in our Spring concert. I was wondering where I could gain access to the band arrangement for this piece. Any tips to point me in the right direction would be great!

-scott cook
badebop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

??? If you're playing this with the wind ensemble...what is the wind ensemble playing now? Do they have an accompaniment all ready, or are you looking for one so they can play it?
mambopope

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott, good luck with this piece, it is a difficult one. I played it my third year at USC it was a B***H of a piece, excuse the french. I even played it on my audition for the Disney Collegiate Band Audition, I played the piss out of it. Remember to practice the really fast double tonguing, triple tonguing, and runs backwards and slowly. This is one thing my teacher at the time Rob Frear taught me to do with this piece, it sounds odd but it worked out for me. Try it, it might help. Good luck. Oh and about the wind ensemble arrangment, try contacting Prof. Dave Hickman at Arizona State University, they have the Rafael Mendez Library there so they might be of help.
Ariel
trpt.hick
Rafael Méndez Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott:

I am writing myself a note right now to send a reply later this morning when I get to ASU about where to purchase the Koff arrangements (band or orchestra acc.). I'll post it in a few hours.

DH
Brewblue1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

sorry to steal your thunder Dave, but I just answered the same question from somebody via the RMOL email.

Robert King Music Sales still carries the Koff band and orchestra arrangements of "La Virgen." They also have the Koff trumpet and piano version as well as several for brass choir, quintet, etc.

Visit their website here: www.rkingmusic.com

Hope this helps!
Shires Artist
Tromba Mundi
Summit Brass
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: