• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Brecker Brothers-Out Of The Loop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jam_Man_Tpt
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody gotten the chance to listen to this great CD? It is one of my all-time favorites. My favorite song on there is African Skies. Which reminds me, in the 19th bar in Michael's solo he does some wierd sound on two notes, what is that? It sounds really cool and I love hearing it everytime.

Ben Love
EBjazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah. Brecker does that a lot. He's playing a multiphonic. He's singing a note with his throat kinda like a growl, but It's louder and somehow there is a resultant tone from the note he's playing and the note he's singing.
Low brass cats can do this real well. I can do it a little, many trumpet players can, if anyone's interested, I'll post how.
I've seen Arturo play multiphonics and I was like "Whoa, like Arturo's doing multiphonics or something", but it doesn't sound cool on a trumpet, at least from what I've heard. I know that Shulman dude is doing some multiphonic stuff but haven't heard him. I've heard he's pretty cool, though.
Great cd "Out Of The Loop". Not as good as "Heavy Metal Bebop" or "Back To Back" though!

Eb- fusion purist
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Recordings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: