• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Please explain Doc's typing of embouchures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does one type an ambouchure? Where is the information which would allow me to type my own embouchure? What beneficial info can we get from knowing our embouchure types? Type I,II,III,IV......what does this all mean? Please explain this to me and help me to understand what good such info is. Thanks, Jim
scream
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim,

If you will go to http://www.pivotalk.com you will find a web-site for Dr. Donald S. Reinhardt and the Pivot Ststem which I host. You will see a definition of what a pivot is. If you go to the Pivot Products and then to Information and Order Form you will find Doc's Pivot Encyclopedia available for purchase (part of the proceeds go to the Reinhardt Foundation). That will be the definitive book containing the different types and how to determine them. I also reommend studying with a Pivot System teacher in your area, if there is one. Also keep stopping by this forum for more illumination of what it's all about.

The system is such a personal thing that getting into any detail would take too much space here, If you have specific questions we'll do our best to answer them.

Paul Garrett
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: