• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

DSR's Warm Up Routine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liad Bar-EL
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone please inform me on what was DSR's warm up routine and was it applied to all of his students?

Also, is there anything published in this regard that one can order or share?

Thanks,

Liad

[ This Message was edited by: Liad Bar-EL on 2002-09-02 05:47 ]
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liad, you've apparently asked this of every forum here on Trumpet Herald.

I don't know what you're looking for, my man, but I think it's safe to say that Reinhardt had no magical warm-up routine that would cure somebody who abides by the teaching of no single instructor or method of teaching.

Reinhardt taught us how to be our own teachers, even though I frequently need guidance still . . . but most days I know what to play first to make my chops feel the way they did yesterday when they felt good.

I'll step aside and see what answers you get from the others.

Rich
Trptbenge
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liad!

I have experimented with many different warm-ups from Maggio, Claude Gordon, Stamp to Bill Adams and others. There is one common denominator. You start soft and light and slowly increase the intensity of your warm-up but soft initially is good. I found something that works for me. It would be best if you try a couple warm-ups and find something that works for you.

One other thing that works for me is that I try to be consistent. This seems to help my lips muscle memory and energize them. The goal of my warm-up is to be ready to play.

I also know people that use Clarke Technical Studies #1 thru 7 to warm-up. They are great when you are in a hurry.

Find your own path on warm-ups.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: