• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

SA Lesson 21 Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Devil
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be starting Lesson 21 next week - this is the lesson where Claude says "this is the longest series of endurance so far".

In the middle of the exercise, Claude says to "rest 5 minutes and then continue". Later on he says to "rest at least 10 to 15 minutes and then continue". Finally, towards the end, he says to "rest 10 to 15 minutes and then continue".

Are these rests to be taken literally as written, or is it like the rest between the Part 1 and Part 2s of each lesson, where Claude said 15 minutes, but he really meant 3-5 minutes?

I also noticed that this is the first lesson where Claude doesn't say to rest the 15 minutes between Part 1 and Part 2. Is that a typo, or are you still supposed to rest between these parts as usual?

I know all of this may be getting nitpicky, but I just wanted to do the lesson in the way that it was intended.

Mike Trzesniak
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it was not intentional to not place the rest instructions between Part 1 and Part 2. you should always rest about 5 minutes between those parts (though more time is okay too).

As for the other rest instructions within Part 2 of lesson 21, I would tell you to be your own judge. If after 5 minutes you feel fresh again, then make it a 5 minute break. But resting the full 15 minutes (not longer) won't hurt.

Hope this helps,

John Mohan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: