• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Another CG Breathing Exercise Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Devil
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been doing the breathing exercises, spending one month per cycle before increasing the step count. Right now, I'm on 9 steps jogging per cycle, and the rest of October will be spent on the 10 steps per cycle jogging.

This is where all of the explanations that I have seen in Claude's books and video stop - at the 10 step jogging per cycle. What do you do after that?

I guess I should increase the amount of time that I am spending doing the exercises - there is a park by my house, and I have been using one lap around the park each day while doing the exercises as my guide. One lap jogging usually takes less than 10 minutes.

So what happens though after the ten steps jogging per cycle - do you go back to walking? Do you go to 11 steps jogging? Do I start all over at 5 steps walking per cycle and increase the amount of time, while working back up t0 10 steps jogging? Etc., etc.

Mike Trzesniak
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay at 10 steps - that is plenty.

Personally, I prefer to stick with the walking ones. I think that is more healthy than trying to job 40 steps per one breath of air.

When I do the breathing, in the "hold empty" cycle, I actually keep trying to blow even though I'm empty - it gives the blowing muscles a REAL workout by doing this for 20 minutes a day.

All for now,

John Mohan
Blue Devil
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John -

You said that you prefer the walking steps to the jogging steps. How many steps per cycle do you yourself usually do - is it 10? Whatever the number is that you usually do, do you stay on the number, or do you ever increase it over time?

Thanks for the tip on modifying the exercises during the hold empty cycle.

Mike Trzesniak

[ This Message was edited by: Blue Devil on 2002-10-02 16:59 ]
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just do 8 steps walking (8 in, 8 hold full, 8 blow out, 8 continue to blow out though empty).

I can do 10 (when I was a kid, I went through the whole regimen up to the 10 steps jogging).

But I find 8 Steps gives me a fine workout if I do it for 20 minutes.

JM

P.S. I'm just about to head for the forest to go do them right now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: