• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Valued Friends........

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bandman322
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Valued Friends........ Reply with quote

Valued friends …………

I joined this trumpetherald on September 13, and trumpetmaster on October 16, of last year, and the brassforum on may 30, and trumpet chat on August 13 of this year. I joined these forums primarily because as a trumpet player and band director I wanted the opinions, and at times needed information, that some of you were able to share with me. For that information I thank you, but I have gotten something far more than information from this site!

Many people from the trumpet forums have become valued friends with whom I communicate often. I’ve been able to share playing jobs, e-mails, phone calls, pictures, sound clips, prayers and good thoughts with people whom I now consider friends. I even found an old friend from high school on the forums (that was from the 1970’s).

I look forward to looking at the posts on Trumpetherald, trumpetmaster, the brass forum, and trumpetchat every afternoon or evening. It has become kind of like checking in with friends to see who has stopped in for a chat.

What I’m trying to say is that I enjoy the information shared here, but I appreciate the friendships, and I hope to get to know even more of you as time goes on. Life is too short to not enjoy the friendship of as many people as possible. I value my friends more than I can express in words, and I thank you for the friendships I have gained through these forums.
Bb - Bach Strad 180ML-37

"To be a teacher you need to be as good a performer as you can be: you'll have more to impart to your students musically." - John Haynie
Chris4
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found too that I have found more than just info on TrumpetChat,Trumpetherald, and Trumpetmaster. See you on TrumpetChat bandman.

Chris

ML Yamaha Xeno RGS
Yamaha YTR-2320
Yamaha Custom 16C4-GP(1 1/2C)
silverstar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't have said it better, my friend! (Bandman322)

Here's to all the wonderful people on all those sites! *holds up a glass of...some kind of liquid refreshment*

Cheers!
Lara

I may falter, I may fall, but I will get back up and keep at it. Fall down 7 times, get up 8.
icebraker613
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apple juice for me! cheers. yes, i find myself visiting this site about everyday. It is great being able to talk to people all over the world that share the same passion for music as you do.
surfhorn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The info here is invaluable. As they say, old (trumpet) dogs can learn new (trumpet) tricks. This site is proof positive.
Olds Super, 1964 w/ C.M. Purviance 5*K4
Marcinkiewicz: E8.4 Shew 1.75
Schilke Flugel; Kanstul Flugel
Kanstul Valve Bone
Surfboard quiver: 15
vivace
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree that these sites are great, and contain a wealth of information, but honestly I don't feel like I have made very close and valued friends. Sure I have made some buddies, but nothing more. (and no I am not saying this asking for pity. I am merely stating the truth.)
bandman322
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivace wrote:
I do agree that these sites are great, and contain a wealth of information, but honestly I don't feel like I have made very close and valued friends.

That makes me sad. I have found the people here to be great, I've had a tough year going through several surgeries. The notes and personal e-mails have made me feel so great, I even got a phone call from JCMACMAN when I was in the hospital last week. We had never spoken before and it meant so very much to me to feel his support.

Vivace, I hope that I can be the first to extend the hand of friendship to you. Maybe if I pass through Salt Lake City again this year (I did twice last year) I'll make an effort to make arrangements for us to share a meal together. Maybe you can show me some of the sights in Salt Lake City and we can get to know each other better. I would be more than happy to add another person to my list of freinds!
Bb - Bach Strad 180ML-37

"To be a teacher you need to be as good a performer as you can be: you'll have more to impart to your students musically." - John Haynie
vivace
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bandman322 wrote:
vivace wrote:
I do agree that these sites are great, and contain a wealth of information, but honestly I don't feel like I have made very close and valued friends.

That makes me sad. I have found the people here to be great, I've had a tough year going through several surgeries. The notes and personal e-mails have made me feel so great, I even got a phone call from JCMACMAN when I was in the hospital last week. We had never spoken before and it meant so very much to me to feel his support.

Vivace, I hope that I can be the first to extend the hand of friendship to you. Maybe if I pass through Salt Lake City again this year (I did twice last year) I'll make an effort to make arrangements for us to share a meal together. Maybe you can show me some of the sights in Salt Lake City and we can get to know each other better. I would be more than happy to add another person to my list of freinds!

that would be great except I don't know much about Salt Lake (other than Temple Square). I live in Provo, which is about 45 minutes south. I am sure my brother knows some good spots since he lives near the city.
jcmacman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bandman322 wrote:
I even got a phone call from JCMACMAN when I was in the hospital last week. We had never spoken before and it meant so very much to me to feel his support.

I am glad you are feeling better my friend. I had a smile all day after that phone call. You sounded so happy and alive.
take care.

john

Elvis Presley
trptStudent
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you're on the mend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: