• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

DSR material

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnL
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matereial has been sold.

[ This Message was edited by: JohnL on 2002-11-05 05:54 ]
hairy james

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it might be a good deal. I heard somewhere that an original 1973 augmented version of the Encyclopedia went for 150.00 on e-bay.

Chris
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave John a call tonight and had a delightful chat with him. No surprise that we know a lot of the same cats and have played with many of the same cats . . . but it was really great hearing about his studies with Doc in the years before I was even born (pre-1955).

Incidentally, the stuff he’s offering for sale will be a great deal to somebody who’s into collecting memorabilia . . . especially with all the personally written notes in the books John’s selling. Since I have quite a “collection” of my own and don’t really have bread to invest in a collection of this sort, I’ll be passing on that offer.

But the neat thing is that with this wonderful tool called the Internet, I was able to make contact with a fellow trumpeter that I might not have ever had the chance to become acquainted with otherwise, and it’s something that I wish I had the time (and $$$) to do more often. I have spoken on the phone to Chris LaBarbera and Paul Garrett several times thanks in large part to this forum, and hope to make contact with many more like-minded trumpeters in the days, weeks, and years ahead.

And as Chris was just telling me yesterday (or the day before) on the phone, wouldn’t Doc have loved this computer age? Imagine him sitting down at his computer (cigar hanging out of his mouth) typing up orientation pages complete with diagrams and illustrations of the types and the correct pivot and so on and so forth. Fun to imagine, isn’t it?

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: