• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Mendez plays Arban & mariachi play along

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez
View previous topic :: View next topic  
americo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Mendez plays Arban & mariachi play along Reply with quote

Hi,

This is my first post in this forum. Please excuse my English. I have two questions that maybe some member of the forum might know:

1) I would like to get a copy of the LP record Mendez plays Arban. I know it is an old record and difficult to find.

2) Is anyone aware of any Mexican mariachi trumpet style instructional material or play along cds ? I am interested in practicing and learning this type of music.

Thank you.
trpt.hick
Rafael Méndez Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELCOME!

The Mendez Plays Arban LP is now a part of a CD titled "Rafael Mendez - The Legacy." It is available through either of the following websites:

www.HickmanMusicEditions.com

or

www.SummitRecords.com

As for a book about how to play mariachi style, look for a book by one of my former students, Jeff Nevin, titled "Virtuoso Mariachi." I have a copy, but not handy at the moment.

Dave Hickman
americo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Thank you for the welcome and valuable info. I will check the websites.
Yesterday doing a Google search I found the following link www.latintrumpet.com where they sell a mariachi trumpet play along book and cds. Looks interesting.

Thanks again,

Americo
mateo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want to hear some great mariachi trumpet playing or are looking for lessons go to crescenciohernandez.com, I had the opportunity to hang out with this guy in Albuquerque NM for a conference one time, he's got some amazing chops and is the brother to some other amazing musicians. His brother Jose Hernandez is the director of Mariachi Sol de Mexico and another great trumpet player you will see him on Kanstul.com with the mariachi premier trumpet and his website is mariachi-sol.com (I think) check out Sobrino.net for sheetmusic and stuff. Depending on your location you could check out mariachi conferences all over the south west U.S. In Albuquerque, Tucson, Las Cruces, San Jose Ca., San Antonio, Santa Fe, Pueblo Co, Denver, just look up mariachi conferneces on a good search engine and there is bound to be plenty of options. Suerte
Mateo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: