• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Embouchure in Stamp approach

View previous topic :: View next topic  
javitrompeta2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Embouchure in Stamp approach Reply with quote

Hello. Im spanish and i have some questions in my mind. What possition will i draw in mi lips(embouchure)? previous to "poo" attack in exercises¿??. The form of the lips.... jejej (sorry about my use of english jeje).... andd Im practicing the stamp routine of schlossberg, do you recommend me??Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bspickler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll try to help. The "poo" sound in English is made with the corners of the mouth pulled in so if you were to bite down with your teeth you would bite the inner cheeks. The centers of the top and bottom lip are pushed out making a "pucker" or a fish-mouth appearance.

The sound is started by compressing the top and bottom lips together, build up a little pressure in the mouth and then relase the lip compression.

Bill
Lex Grantham
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider saying "POO" when you start a tone. Then say "TOO".

"POO" is actually starting the tone with a release of the air. "TOO" would be use of the tongue.

Sincerely,

Lex Grantham
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> James Stamp All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: