• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Update & contact info for Jerome Callet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tptguy
Jerome Callet Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Update & contact info for Jerome Callet Reply with quote

Yesterday, Jerry Callet contacted me about his latest endeavors. As most of you know, Jerry is completely retired from all trumpet and mouthpiece manufacturing. Though his excellent designs are still being produced by others, Jerry has no connection to manufacturing or distribution. However, Jerry is actively teaching his Trumpet Secrets method and is as busy as ever. In his words,

"I have retired from the trumpet manufacturing business. However, I am still studying & developing TCE myself and have more eagerness than ever to teach it and help all dedicated players."

Jerry's method is distinct from his former student, Bahb Civiletti, and for various reasons, they have discontinued their prior association. Mr. Callet is available for clinics, private lessons, and telephone lessons. He encourages TH readers to contact him directly if they have any important questions about the embouchure, trumpets, or mouthpieces. He is easily reached by telephone (718-477-5803) or email: trumpet@i-2000.com

http://www.super-chops.com

Last edited by tptguy on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:02 pm; edited 8 times in total
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I jus recieved an E mail from Jerry tonight. It seems so long ago that I bought those two wonderful old used Jazz and Symphonique C horns. He has been such a blessing to all of us trumpet-geeks for so many years.
His energy and passion for teaching has given so much to so many over these years.
Its been a long time since his visits to the NW. It would be great to have him for a guest some where here in Wa. state aqain.
Thanks Jerome...if you are lurkin. Keep those Super Chops a choppin, hoppin' n' a boppin....n'allthatjazz.
tptguy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yumiko Callet announces that they has sold out of the current book, "Trumpet Secrets". A new edition of Jerry's teachings will be available on DVD in early 2007. Purchase information will be added here just as soon as it's available.
Luke6335J
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick question, if i call and get on to him does he still give free advice for when your getting set up?
Bach 7C - Love
America was a bit of fun - learnt not to ever talk about religion or politics LOL
YKB
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I don't think he'll mind...

Maybe he could give you some pointers in preparation of you taking a phone lesson....
C - Bach Chicago ""
Eb/D - Besson 60 MD ""
Picc - F. Besson by Kanstul; SC6
Luke6335J
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beauty, it's not that I don't want to pay him for his advice. I just feel that to get set up and to correct just tongue placement first off .. that i would not need anywhere near 30 mintes.
Bach 7C - Love
America was a bit of fun - learnt not to ever talk about religion or politics LOL
LordBrain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Update & contact info for Jerome Callet Reply with quote

tptguy wrote:

Jerry's method is distinct from his former student, Bahb Civiletti, and for various reasons, they have discontinued their prior association. Mr. Callet is available for clinics, private lessons, and telephone lessons. He encourages TH readers to contact him directly if they have any important questions about the embouchure, trumpets, or mouthpieces. He is easily reached by telephone (718-477-5803) or email (trumpet@i-2000.com).

In what ways are they distinct? What's the difference between Civiletti TCE and Callet TCE? -- Feel free to start another topic to discuss this.
goldenhornplayer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We sometimes forget that unlike several other technique forums where the author is long since gone, Jerome Callet is still very much alive and well. In fact, even in his 70's, he remains very active in his work. His livelyhood is embouchure training and he is expert and unique at this whether in person or over the phone. Some players may be intimidated to give him a call but he is very approachable and understanding. He helps beginners and professionals alike. When you call or go to visit him, just keep in mind that he has heard both worse and better players than you. He will never laugh at you and, on the flip side, he probably won't be impressed by you either. To me, this takes a lot of pressure off when you go to him for help. An important point to remember is that even Jerome needs to hear someone play before he can make suggestions on how to improve. Contrary to what some people think, MSC does not stand for Magic Super Chops. What Jerome teaches is not some magic bullet but it is a method by which one can develop a powerful and efficient embouchure. Regardless of your playing level, I would encourage anyone to call or visit Jerome. Typically, when you call or visit, he can analyze your weaknesses and faults within minutes and can begin to show ways to overcome these problems. Check it out, I don't think you'll ever regret it. --Ken B.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lesson w/ Mr. Callet will be well worth whatever the cost, for the
trumpeter who has an open mind.

brad goode
razeontherock
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see Brad saying that! Jerome is still well, and more gracious and personable than ever. He does have an amazing knack for immediately pinpointing playing defects / weaknesses, even if myriad other "top" teachers never noticed them.
trpress

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Callet Reply with quote

Does anyone know if he still does clinics?
John
tptguy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, Very sorry, I just noticed your by now very old post. But yes, Jerry still does clinics. Due to his age, if he is going outside the mid-Atlantic or New England area he needs a rest today before and maybe after. Give him a yell, his enthusiasm for teaching is greater than ever.

- Kyle
addseo1115

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We sometimes forget that unlike several other technique forums where the author is long since gone, Jerome Callet is still very much alive and well.
royal1688 ผ่านเว็บ
trumpetlogic

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a directory of superchops\TCE trumpet teachers and their contact information? Now that Jerry is gone students are going to have to go elsewhere to learn.
Mac Gollehon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac Gollehon 917-412-5917. Thorough understanding from 1972-2010 Trumpet Yoga,Superchops,TCE.
alan_o

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetlogic wrote:
Is there a directory of superchops\TCE trumpet teachers and their contact information? Now that Jerry is gone students are going to have to go elsewhere to learn.

Ralph Salamone:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXBtmW_1XeCfeFdryusIkMg/

http://tpwr.org/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: