• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Stamp Breathing Excercises

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fnchdrms87
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Stamp Breathing Excercises Reply with quote

I'm having difficulty approach the first stamp breathing excercise...breath out in 8, hold for 8, breath in for 8, hold for 8 and repeat. How am I supposed to keep from sipping in air when I'm empty for 8 and letting air out when i'm full for 8? I've tried "hold your breath" style by gripping your nose, but I find that I end up with a lot of tension in my throat when I full and holding for 8 counts...the capping off feeling where your air feels like it's capped off in your throat... anyways would anyone who is more experienced at doing these excercises like to share some of their wisdom? Thanks!
janet842
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Stamp breathing exercises (numbers 1 and 2) are meant to be done with your lungs only. Air is taken in by expanding the lungs for eight counts and then held by not allowing your lungs to continue to expand. Just stop all motion -- for 8 counts. Exhale by allowing your lungs to resume motion. (Control the speed that you exhale so you can go the full 8 counts.) Stop moving your lungs right at the point where you would normally begin to inhale and hold for 8 seconds. The cycle begins again by inhaling over the next 8 counts. At all times, your throat, your tongue, your upper body, your shoulders -- pretty much your entire body -- is to be relaxed. You can choose to take in and release air through your nose or through your mouth -- pick what you are more comfortable with. For the "sipping breath" in 2, it does help to purse your lips as if drawing air through a straw or as if sipping liquid from a spoon. Just make sure to continue to keep everything relaxed and keep your throat open.

Janet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> James Stamp All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: