• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Glad to see this new forum!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2001 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Charlie,

Glad to see the new Caruso forum!

I'll be reading what's written here and perhaps even a stubborn CG guy like me might pick something up!

By the way, in the trumpet book for the musical "Emil & the Detectives", we've scratched off the name of the arranger "Hanno Becker" and written in "Carmine Caruso", due to the mostly nonstop playing in the show. And this is definitely the type of playing that the Caruso-type exercises help with (in my humble opinion). The first couple of weeks with this show, and MAN did the corners of my mouth burn! But it's getting easier now.

Sincerely,

John Mohan
edtaylor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie,
Thanks for a great forum, and thanks even more for your great website that contains more info than a chops book I purchased. I hadn't bothered to read in this forum because I was already involved with another approach. Being an engineer and always trying (and sometimes succeding) to use logical thinking, I began to wonder how much real difference can there be in the use of the lips. Though I may not post I will be reading and sorting out the jewels that I can use.
Again thanks, Ed Taylor
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed,

The thing that makes Caruso the MOST logical approach to playing trumpet is that it removes all thinking (more so than any other system) from embouchure development and hence sound production.

Figure that one out!

Regards,

CR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: