• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Hooray for the Stamp Playalong CD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpetart
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Hooray for the Stamp Playalong CD Reply with quote

I love the CD that Thomas Stevens and Tom Dambly made for the new edition of the Stamp book. I'm sure most of you have it already, right? If not, it's worth buying the book all over again.

I have a short commute to get to my teaching studio. Every morning I pop the CD in as I'm pulling out of my garage, and just as I turn into the parking lot, I'm finishing warmup C. I keep an extra mouthpiece in the car anyway (for emergencies), and since I've done that drive hundreds of times, I can do it safely with one hand.
TrentAustin
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Hooray for the Stamp Playalong CD Reply with quote

trumpetart wrote:
I love the CD that Thomas Stevens and Tom Dambly made for the new edition of the Stamp book. I'm sure most of you have it already, right? If not, it's worth buying the book all over again.

I have a short commute to get to my teaching studio. Every morning I pop the CD in as I'm pulling out of my garage, and just as I turn into the parking lot, I'm finishing warmup C. I keep an extra mouthpiece in the car anyway (for emergencies), and since I've done that drive hundreds of times, I can do it safely with one hand.

Glad I'm not the only one who does that! I drive 30K+ a year and do plenty of the Stamp Buzzing on my commutes.
-t
This acct will be deactivated as of March 2021. email info@austincustombass.com
NYCTPT
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now I know why Boston drivers are SO crazy!!! And....Trent is so good!
mattdalton
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also love the play-along CD, although I do not use it while driving. It really helps me focus on the buzzing exercises instead of dividing my attention with playing along on the piano, and ensures that I am playing the exercises with good time (steady beat). Highly recommended.
dbacon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may not be Stamp, but I can't forget hearing Clarke Terry buzzing Bop licks on his mouthpiece.....perfect pitch, wonderful tone. He'd lip buzz some lines, mouthpiece buzz, trumpet on and sound like the greatest player in the world. Which he was!!
His pitch on all forms of buzzing was dead on!
chiefsfano1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CD is so amazing and helps me out a lot. It really helps to slot notes and go to the end of the phrases(towards the end of the CD). I try to play along with it at least twice a week. Great help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> James Stamp All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: