• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Doing the Stamp right?or how to make it more benefitful

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anatolyz

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Doing the Stamp right?or how to make it more benefitful Reply with quote

I'm using stamp for a rather long time but i'm seeing always different results so its sometimes confusing...and i never can figure out which are the exercises there that influence my playing the best..i suffer from lots of ups and downs cause sometims im doing it right and sometimes not...not knowing exactly which exercises combination("formula") there works the best for me,and for example which exercises there meant to improve just endurance and range...
which exercises in stamp you play,in which order? and how much time you spend on it in average?
of course i guess that you all start straight with stamp warm ups,not doing any methods before it....
ill be glad for any tip,thanks trumpet friends!
swthiel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

My usual routine is probably different from the one used by people who actually studied with Stamp. My first playing of the day usually involved playing the leadpipe, followed by lip bends and lip slurs. I usually then do some free buzzing, followed by No. 3 on the mouthpiece, followed by either 3a or 3b on the trumpet. Then it's on to other things -- sometimes more Stamp, sometimes something else.

You might take a look at the Dissecting Stamp threads ... I learned a lot from them!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> James Stamp All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: