• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Please Don't Sell or Trade Instruments in the Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
progmac
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeyMike wrote:
I'm short on time this AM. Some suggestions here and to those who've PM'd for more help, I will send you more ideas in addition to what's posted below. Anyone else, feel free to let me know. But since a LOT of people seem to be involved, I'm posting some stuff in the open for right now.

Hopefully, it's all just a big mistake and can/will be cleared up quickly.

Great advice, MikeyMike. But let's be clear. This is NOT a "big mistake." We have proof that this guy is a liar. He does not deserve any "benefit of the doubt" whatsoever. I agree...the victims should coordinate and set a deadline. And then all call the local police and other relevant parties and of course file a complain with the IC3 at the FBI.

This guy passes himself off as an honest christian. He's got that website and he seems to know what he is talking about with regards to trumpets. The scam was not an easy one to detect. So don't blame yourself if you were a victim.

Based on my experience with this guy, I now have a hard and fast rule where I require a picture of the item along shown with today or yesterday's newspaper for items of somewhat high value. Escrow.com also works great, but sometimes makes sellers nervous if they haven't used it before.
thedevilisbad
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you try to contact the Pastor's that vouch for him on his website?

New Life Assembly of God: http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_j82jps Phone Number: (828) 256-6075

And Pleasant Hill Missionary Baptist Church: http://mypleasanthillonline.org/tp40/Default.asp?ID=168295

Phone Number: 979-525-7139

This freaks website is this: http://www.trumpetpraiseministries.com/mission.htm Which I'm sure you know, just thought I'd post it again.

Also, I looked up Thomas Murray in Statesville, NC on whitepages and lo and behold! his adress was unlisted.

David Koch Custom 1958 Olds Ambassador
1951 Conn 80A
A lot of other crap.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MikeyMike
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

progmac wrote:

Great advice, MikeyMike. But let's be clear. This is NOT a "big mistake." We have proof that this guy is a liar. He does not deserve any "benefit of the doubt" whatsoever. I agree...the victims should coordinate and set a deadline. And then all call the local police and other relevant parties and of course file a complain with the IC3 at the FBI.

No worries. All of what I posted above - and a LOT more - had been posted a couple days ago but I yanked it as not to give him any recourse as far as complaints to the management. All part of how it works. Reprints of those additional helpful hints will be available via PM.
MikeyMike
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and any of you who suspect you have been involved in a scam that involves the US Mail, file a claim for MAIL FRAUD. That stuff is always taken seriously. One more hammer.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: