• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Musical Calisthenics for Brass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldenchops55
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,
I have been avidly reading the posts in this forum, with great intersest in this method, ever since it was first started. Last night I ordered Musical Calisthenics For Brass, and I would like to know what would be a good excersize routine once I recieve the book, which should be on monday. Another question is, how long will it take until I start to see major results? Thanks for the help.
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldenchops55,

I have pulled the "Getting Started" thread back to the front page for your convenience. I would suggest that you check it out, along with comments by other members, and if you have the time, take a look at the other threads in this forum (I know you said you have been following the forum closely). A lot of good questions have come up and, besides my own responses, we are fortunate to have many knowledgeable replies offered by Pat Harbison, also a former student of Mr. Caruso. You should be able to get started for awhile with the info that is already here.

As far as results go, I asked Carmine the exact same question many years ago. He told me, first, to NOT be "result conscious." He would say to just do the exercises as directed and then go about the business of playing as usual. HOWEVER, usually results will be noticeable in 2-6 months. If "major results" means playing fairly easily from low F# to double C+ (and at all dynamic levels) then, realistically, you are probably looking at a serious commitment of 2-5 years.

Regards,

Charly

[ This Message was edited by: bugleboy on 2002-02-20 16:28 ]
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be a freak, but the people I was gigging with (not trumpet players) commented on hearing a difference in the quality of my sound just a couple of weeks after I started studying with Carmine. Also, these guys didn't know I was studying or doing anything different.

I remember Dave Liebman remarking on the dramatic difference in my sound and accuracy when he heard me play about 3 months after I started. Lieb doesn't make comments like that lightly (as some do).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: