• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Warmahorn - warm, protect and colour your horn

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warmahorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: Warmahorn - warm, protect and colour your horn Reply with quote

www.warmahorn.com - new concept for brass
tptfrbrains
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, thanks, but no - I can't even imagine it.

r.
Maarten van Weverwijk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Maarten van Weverwijk on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:29 am; edited 3 times in total
tomba51
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for giving me an early morning laugh. I enjoyed that.

Wait - you mean that was serious? Now I'm laughing even more. Sorry!!!
Craig Swartz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention that it's an easy, sleazy way to sell your product on TH with only a single post. An HD trumpet condom- what will they think of next?
grizzle
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy's not gonna get rich, but he'll find some fans in the marching band arena. He'll prevent some dings, too, when some kid turns left when he's supposed to go right.
612-849-3574
TrptSTP
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"But it doesn't stop there.... WarmahornŽ not only warms and protects - but it also 'pimps your horn', a completely new concept for brass."

...further proving why I have no faith in humanity. ugh!
etc-etc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A ... is born every minute, too.
RandyTX
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "pimp your horn" reference is dead on. Thanks, but no.
Warmahorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Warmahorn Reply with quote

Hey chaps, it's a fun product - it's not meant to cause distress. A product that protects your instruments is good right? Kids are loving them - that's good right? Cornet Warmahorns are selling well to marching bands - that's good right? Don't lose faith in humanity over some colourful neoprene...
RandyTX
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could come out with a line of hydraulic shock attachments to fit Bach, Getzen, Yamaha, etc. beginner instrument cases, so they could do the complete Low-Rider thing when they go to and from middle school band every day.
octaveman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking from experience at playing pep band during November football games in Minnesota - the part that needs warming is the valve casing, not the bell.

Valves freeze when the temperature gets too cold. the bell will still work as a bell - with or without a sock on it.

Personally, I don't "pimp" anything - my cars, my horns, my house, or anything else either. It's just another word for "make it tacky" and "lame" in my opinion.

But, we're all certainly entitled to our own opinions and personal style.

Now, putting a big nerf-like thing on for marching - that I can see. It's like a minefield out there.
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
sharpietrumpet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad I play a Schilke. *snicker*
Amrein Piccolo
Yamaha 2330II Cornet
Jupiter Soprano Trombone

Najoom Mouthpieces
Craig Swartz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the ultimate pimp is to have the horn sprayed with Line-X, a pickup truck bedliner coating. One of the local stores has a cornet and sax done in it. Choose your colors, these are black. "Display purposes only" at this point, one of these days I'm going to pull the old cornet down and see if the pistons work. Kirk- if you're out there, you might experiment with this. It does ad mass... being black I'm sure they'd have a dark tone.

Steve- maybe you ought to steal the idea and run with it. You and Finn are in MN, forget about football, send some samples up to Del in Bemidji and they can try it out on the Hockey Band horns.
Ed Lee
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: Warmahorn- Neoprene is a synthetic rubber made from polymerized Chloroprene. It is used in varied common products including SCUBA diving suits. Are there any health effects? I'm no research scientist but I do now see what is posted on internet, as follows:

"Health Hazard Information
Acute Effects:
Symptoms reported from acute human exposure to high concentrations of chloroprene include giddiness, headache, irritability, dizziness, insomnia, fatigue, respiratory irritation, cardiac palpitations, chest pains, nausea, gastrointestinal disorders, dermatitis, temporary hair loss, conjunctivitis, and corneal necrosis. (2-4)
Acute exposure may damage the liver, kidneys, and lungs; affect the circulatory system and immune system; depress the central nervous system (CNS); irritate the skin and mucous membranes; and cause dermatitis and respiratory difficulties in humans. (2-4)
High level exposures have affected the liver, lungs, kidneys and CNS in animals exposed by inhalation, gavage, or injection. Acute oral exposure of rats caused inflammation of the mucous membranes; damage to the lungs, liver, spleen, and kidneys; and irritation of the gastrointestinal tract. (4,5)
Acute animal tests in rats and mice, have demonstrated chloroprene to have moderate acute toxicity by inhalation and high acute toxicity from ingestion. (5)
Chronic Effects (Noncancer):
Symptoms of chronic exposure in workers were fatigue, chest pains, giddiness, irritability, dermatitis, and hair loss. (2)
One study has suggested that chronic exposure of humans to chloroprene vapor associated with neoprene production may contribute to liver function abnormalities. Disorders of the cardiovascular system and depression of the immune system have also been observed in workers chronically exposed to chloroprene. (2-4)
Eye irritation, nasal discharge, olfactory epithelial degeneration, restlessness, lethargy, hair loss, growth retardation, and effects to the liver, kidney, thyroid, blood, and lungs have been observed in rodents following chronic inhalation exposure. (4,6)
EPA has calculated a provisional Reference Concentration (RfC) of 0.007 milligrams per cubic meter (mg/m3) for chloroprene based on respiratory effects in rats. The RfC is an estimate (with uncertainty spanning perhaps an order of magnitude) of a continuous inhalation exposure to the human population (including sensitive subgroups), that is likely to be without appreciable risk of deleterious noncancer effects during a lifetime. It is not a direct esimator of risk but rather a reference point to gauge the potential effects. At exposures increasingly greater than the RfC, the potential for adverse health effects increases. Lifetime exposure above the RfC does not imply that an adverse health effect would necessarily occur. The provisional RfC is a value that has had some form of Agency review, but it does not appear on IRIS. (7)
EPA has calculated a provisional Reference Dose (RfD) of 0.02 milligrams per kilogram body weight per day (mg/kg/d) for chloroprene. (7)"

Simply put, I've no need for a Warmahorn presently whereas I'll no longer be marching or playing at outdoor events in the wintertime, except to play TAPS where I'd be bringing my trumpet or bugle from a heated vehicle within a short time before playing. Thus, I'll take no risk to my health from such even if such as the above report is inconclusive. Many of us are ultra sensitive to selected products, and until such is zero possibility, I'll not acquire.

Too, such just seems like it would dampen or alter the bell tone, although I can't commit to that since I've not tested one personally. Otherwise, I'm not a "pimper".
OCTA-C
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually,.........that hot pink one....kind of...turns me on!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Warmahorn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Pink Warmahorn Reply with quote

Your post made us smile...cheeky!
laurie
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a "coolahorn"for us Aussies. Preferably one that will hold a litre or two of cold beer........
Laurie
tptptp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brutal crowd! Who needs a horseless carriage, anyway?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: