• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Daily Stamp Routines?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScottA
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Daily Stamp Routines? Reply with quote

Hello Stamp fans. I'm trying to create some
action on the Stamp forum here. How about posting how you use any Stamp materials as part of a daily routine/warm-up.

I typically will play with the CD (sometimes at the piano instead) for the lip and mpc. routines. Then I will play #3 and 4B straight through using drones from the Chase Sanborn book "Tuning Tactics" I find it really helps to work on interval intonation---makes my ears wake up in the morning! Then I will usually do some of the staccato control exercises and part or all of the bending routine. Takes about 15 minutes then on with the day.
bandteachsing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Daily Stamp Reply with quote

I have used the moutpiece buzzing, then octave w/ pedal tones from Stamps warm-up book every day for over 20 years. This is my daily "go-to" warm-up and without it I have no edurance and very little flexibility. We just moved and my book is buried somewhere so I cannot give page numbers but I swear by this routine.
I also LOVE the lyrical exercises in the back - with or without adding the eighth note tonguing within fermatas and beautiful slurs (which get harder in my old age)!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> James Stamp All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: