• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Caruso Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murray

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While practicing Caruso's calisthenics, I notice that during the bar rest where you are supposed to keep the mouthpiece in contact with the lips, I tend to exhale during 1 or 2 beats (always through the nose, as directed), before I start a new inhalation. Is this OK, or does it mean that I have too much air already in my lungs?
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murray,

All of the above. It's ok to exhale and, yes, it would mean that you have taken in more air than you need to play the notes involved.

No need for concern in either case. Concentrate on your foot tapping and 16th note subdivision in your timing.

Regards,

CR
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I suggest keeping the breathing in rhythm. If you have to exhale for 2 counts then start the inhale on beat 3 and keep the subdivided time right in the pocket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: