• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Chris Martin CSO Radio

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enojadhombre

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how I'm going to imagine this so I can make some sense of "iron mouth's" comments: I imagine Mr. Martin wasn't wholly satisfied with his performance so he created a TH profile (bocchiadiferro), beat himself up online . . . and sat back and had a good laugh, at our expense, reading all of the venomous responses. I'd bet Mr. Martin wouldn't be the least bit bothered by these negative comments - he knows how good he is.

Or he should.
Aje

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enojadhombre wrote:
Here's how I'm going to imagine this so I can make some sense of "iron mouth's" comments: I imagine Mr. Martin wasn't wholly satisfied with his performance so he created a TH profile (bocchiadiferro), beat himself up online . . . and sat back and had a good laugh, at our expense, reading all of the venomous responses. I'd bet Mr. Martin wouldn't be the least bit bothered by these negative comments - he knows how good he is.

Or he should.

This scenario makes more sense to me than someone listening to that broadcast and going "eh, he should work on his sound. Here's a video of Trumpeter's Lullaby and Concert Etude that I just watched. He should've played the ending high C on the Jolivet louder. Also, I need to go to the effort of telling complete strangers how disappointed I am."

I'm somewhat amazed at this little sub-thread regarding bocchiadiferro's comments. This isn't supposed to be hard right?

I feel like directions for this are like cooking instructions for pop tarts, but here they are, in my view:

1. Open web browser.
2. Go to cso.org radio broadcasts.
3. Listen.
4. Be amazed.
5. Listen again.
6. Remain amazed. Maybe let out a long whistle this time.
7. Wonder about equipment.
8. Go to TH.
9. Speculate about equipment.
10. Continue listening.
11. On TH, find out what equipment was used.
12. Have information corrected by John Hagstrom himself.
13. Holy crap, a forum where members of the LA Phil and CSO post!
14. Try to play first page of Jolivet.
15. Get angry at Chris Martin for being stupid good.
16. Shake fist at CSO web player.
17. "He actually did this on the same program, four concerts, and this is how incredible the live radio broadcast sounds?"
18. Pause, deep in thought. Well, not too deep. I am a trumpet player, after all.
19. Remember that I need to practice. Right now. A lot.

BTW, the Hickman video sounds great.
16mguilette

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Looking for this? Reply with quote

Hi everyone! My teacher told me about this recording, and I've been trying to find it but to no avail. The link on this thread redirects to something that doesn't even mention Chris Martin.

Any help would be appreciated!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: