• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Basking in the ITG 2012 afterglow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> ITG Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Basking in the ITG 2012 afterglow Reply with quote

It's been a little over a month since ITG 2012 and I'm still feeling the "glow."

I brought home some boxes and I'm offering you this chance to help thin out our shelves:

Click here for ITG prices on several Boptism Music Publishing books.

ITG 2012 ain't over yet!

(Apparently ITG 2009 isn't over yet, either, judging by this particular forum.)

I enjoyed meeting many of you and seeing a bunch of people I hadn't seen in awhile!

Thanks!
Jon Arnold
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I can go next year. It has been 17 years since I have been and it is always a blast. Hope to meet some of you in person! My college trumpet teacher, Jim Olcott told me it is in grand rapids next year. It is about a 5 1/2 hour drive for me and it is in June. Being a high school band director, June is a better month for me to be able to go. I am always still in school at the end of May.
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Arnold wrote:
My college trumpet teacher, Jim Olcott told me it is in grand rapids next year.

Jim was at the booth right next to our Boptism booth, and was the only ITG "official" who came to the Morning Warm-Up ŕ la Reinhardt that I got to present. I like Jim a lot . . . he's a really good guy, very down-to-earth.

Also, at a booth backing up to mine, was Rob Roy MacGregor (Balquhidder Music) who I got to know a bit when things were "quiet" in our hall. He's quite a guy, too, with lots of stories to tell. When Doc Severinsen came strolling into our part of the exhibits, he ended up spending his entire time talking with Rob . . . no surprise!

People who didn't go to the exhibits because they didn't want to try out a horn in front of others really missed out on some of the offerings in the "quiet" section of the exhibit hall. Like Claudio Roditi who came and hung out with us a bunch, and Roger Ingram and Marv Stamm and a bunch of other heavyweights who needed to give their ears a break.
Jon Arnold
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim is a great teacher. I have both my bachelor's and master's degree from Miami. I know he is a fan of your jazz books. Hope to make it next year. I will be sure to stop by your booth.
razeontherock
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto! MI, in June instead of May, is a good combination of reasons for me to go. (Fully knowing the event itself will be more than worthwhile)
Jon Arnold
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the 1993 and 1995 conferences while I was in undergrad. It was worth the trip.
trptgurl410698

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big reason they're doing the conference in June this year is to allow high schoolers to come after school lets out. There will be a lot of helpful courses for young players about auditions, etc...encourage your students to come check it out!!! I'm from GR, and went to school at Grand Valley, so I'm excited that it's at home this year!
Jon Arnold
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great and it allows public school band directors an opportunity to attend as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> ITG Conferences All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: