• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach C trumpet leadpipes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr_trumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToTrumpet014 wrote:
I'd prefer to get a used Yamaha but I'm focusing on Bach since their are far more used Bachs for sale than Yamahas.

I have to admit I'm a bit weary of getting a Bach C because I've playtested 11 Bach Bb instruments and of those 11 have only liked 2 and even so I still like my Yamaha Bb much more.

Always remember, there is a reason something is for sale. Good horns have found a home most of the time. There are some good ones out there but you'll work your way through a lot of average horns to get to a good one. Also, remember that your playing preferences are different from anyone else, so an average horn to you might be fantastic for me, and vise versa.

If I were you, I'd find someone with a Sonaré C trumpet (from the German-made Sonaré trumpets), and buy it. They are outstanding trumpets, and likely could be had for a reasonable price.
Arranger/Composer; Lilly Music
delano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eight years later....
adagiotrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that the Bach 25A pipe requires cutting the top tube of your tuning slide. Any changes in leadpipes after that could necessitate modifying or replacing the tuning slide.
OldSchoolEuph
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmaraya wrote:
Have someone tried replacing a stock 25A with another bach leadpipe? a Student of mine sent his 229/25A to a tech to have him put a 25R+tunning slide but he says that the 25R fits shorter than the 25A and he is afraid that it would mess the intonation. Has someone done that? what solutions there are for this?

As long as we are ignoring the question posed when this zombie thread was resurrected: The 25A is a slightly longer STANDARD construction pipe, which means it still ends at the sleeve for a normal though perhaps shorter than what is used with the 25H and others, non-reversed tuning slide. The 25R may be shorter to the start of the slide, but extends within the outer sleeve of a REVERSED slide, adding length ahead of the gap turbulence and thus being apt to improve intonation.

You need a new slide anyway, since you are going from standard to reversed, so this 8 year old question is rather moot.

So, I believe the actual reason this thread was brought back was a 25M pipe. I am unfamiliar with this and would also be curious to hear from anyone who has tried it.

2017 Austin Winds Stage 466
1962 Mt. Vernon Bach 43
1954 Holton 49 Stratodyne
1927 Conn 22B
1957 Holton 27 cornet
1985 Yamaha YEP-621
1975 Yamaha YEP-321 Custom
1965 Besson Baritone
1975 Olds Recording R-20
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: