• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Committee vs Shew

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marvin75

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject: Committee vs Shew Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the Martin Committee (M bore) has the same resistance/blow as the Yamaha 8310 Z?

Of course the bell is very different, but I was wondering if there ara similarities.
lipshurt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm

probably none of them, but the regular 453 bore is closest. For sure not the Large bore committee.

I Was playing committees for a few years, and got the itch to get a 6310 Z when they came out. I went to Bob Malones shop and took my committee, and a good friend who is a really good player, who was going to CAL-ARTS.

I would say they both played pretty close to the same, except the committee had a WAAAY better slot for High F. The guys at the shop said that they could do the "shew tweak" for free and that would make the high F slot great. Sure go ahead. He pulled out a steel plug in he shape of a mouthpiece shank but a little bit undersize so it hit the end of the leadpipe. He puts it in the reciever and than gives one pretty hard hit straight in with a hammer. All done, free.

The high F might have been a little different. I played that 6301z for couple years. That same day i bought the shew, my buddy bought the committee on form me on the way home. He prob could tell i was making a mistake on the shew. I liked the 6310z but i could never hear it as well on gigs as the committee. I got a new committee about two years later. A 1958 deluxe. Played that one for a few years too. Then got a connstellation etc.

The 8301z plays just like the 6310z i think, maybe a little more solid feeling. Not really like a committee very much though. Not in sound or feel, but i guess similar in blow resistance. Neither one is stuffy or "big".
The large bore committee is really big feeling, nothing like shew horn
www.youtube.com/lipshurt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: