• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Stamp Book ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Stamp Book ? Reply with quote

I have two pages of the Stamp Book, I believe it's page 6 and 7, not quite sure.

They have an exercise that is in the Key of "C" major.

The first line of this exercise starts on "G" below the staff and goes up to I believe "D" and back down to "G" with a repeat. After that there is variation of a notes you do once.

Next line starts on "A" and so on repeating the same melodic lines just one note higher.

Before I actually purchase the book I was wondering if contains this exercise pattern in all the keys, I just think this exercise is a nice one to internalize scales.

I have seen the book on the web and it seems too thin to have all the scales.....

Once again just wondering................... if it does not have them, then I figure I can just write them out on finale or some other software, or by hand.

Along with Rich Wiley's Variations of the Second Study both Major and Minor I figured this Stamp exercise will augment me learning all those scales......

Thanks for any Comments on this..............

Yours in Trumpet & Music

Avan

" Man Without an Audience "
Album Release - 2017
" Mi Vida es Una Cancion "
Album release - 2022

USAF 1974-1980 E-4
Mark Van Camp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's Stamp #6 (page 10 and 11 in my book). It's not written in any other key, but it's good transposition practice to do it by sight. I also recommend putting a pedal c after each line. That forces your chops and air to be right, and it becomes a real chop buster.
Avan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Van Camp wrote:
That's Stamp #6 (page 10 and 11 in my book). It's not written in any other key, but it's good transposition practice to do it by sight. I also recommend putting a pedal c after each line. That forces your chops and air to be right, and it becomes a real chop buster.

Thank You Sir ................ Pedal C for the chop buster it is............

" Man Without an Audience "
Album Release - 2017
" Mi Vida es Una Cancion "
Album release - 2022

USAF 1974-1980 E-4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> James Stamp All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: