• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Marketplace warning

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince.Green
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Marketplace warning Reply with quote

Just a quick note of warning. I paid (PayPal) for some items in the marketplace back in April and the items weren't delivered. I contacted him after two weeks and was given a reason the items were late and a promise to get them out soon. I have since tried to contact several times with no response including that I would post a warning to other TH'ers.

The user name is "cronsell" (Chris Cronsell according to the registry). I'm not trying to make a big deal of this but just to warn others as he has had an ad up during this time with other items so...beware
etc-etc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you started a PayPal dispute?
Vince.Green
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been told there is only a 30 day window
gbdeamer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Marketplace warning Reply with quote

Vince.Green wrote:
Just a quick note of warning. I paid (PayPal) for some items in the marketplace back in April and the items weren't delivered. I contacted him after two weeks and was given a reason the items were late and a promise to get them out soon. I have since tried to contact several times with no response including that I would post a warning to other TH'ers.

The user name is "cronsell" (Chris Cronsell according to the registry). I'm not trying to make a big deal of this but just to warn others as he has had an ad up during this time with other items so...beware

Hopefully it wasn't too much money.

Lesson learned that regardless of the BS reasons that you receive, if you don't physically have the item within 28 days, file the PayPal dispute.

I didn't heed my own advice and had to chase someone for MONTHS to get $50 back.
Vince.Green
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was for some mouthpiece parts, not too much money. I have bought and sold dozens of times on this site without a problem so I will still choose to be on the trusting side. I just wanted to warn others so they didn't get taken in on some larger amount $$$
gbdeamer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince.Green wrote:
It was for some mouthpiece parts, not too much money. I have bought and sold dozens of times on this site without a problem so I will still choose to be on the trusting side. I just wanted to warn others so they didn't get taken in on some larger amount $$$

He's listed as Christopher Cronsell on Facebook, so you should send his a message there repeating your request for resolution.

He came up in an internet search as a Staff Sergeant and trumpeter for the United States Air Force Heritage of America Band, so he probably wouldn't want a whole lot of bad publicity every time someone does a Google search for Chris Cronsell trumpet.
Vince.Green
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea about FB, I already sent him a message a few days back on FB... no response there either
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several AF connections in the AF band field, including a now-retired E-9 who was the senior NCO in that specific AF band I believe.

I've ALSO just contacted him AND TWO OTHERS who held similar top NCO positions in the various AF bands. All three know each other and all almost certainly know the dead beat. I suspect one, or possible all, will make a little phone call or swap emails with Heritage-America and you'll get immediate action. Believe me, the AF band program is a very small career path, one where everyone pretty much knows everyone else.

I've just sent private messages to all three on facebook. Should hear back shortly. I'll let you know via PM as things develop.

Tom
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vince,

I've sent you a PM. Please contact me, for I've already heard back from two friends who were top ranking (E9) AF band leaders who knew and served with this guy and his wife. The third one will almost surely know him too.

This information (name and phone number) should allow you to contact a specific person at Heritage who can surely get his attention!!! They may even call the person at Heritage themselves if necessary but I'll hook you up with them if you wish. We'll do it via PM. No need in dragging out dirty laundry on a public forum.

However, you've got to act fast . . . for he's out of the AF in September.

Like I said, the AF band program is a small, tight-knit community, and those who rise to the top don't appreciate those under them doing irresponsible or dishonest things like this.

Check your PMs and reply back and I'll hook you up!

Tom
Vince.Green
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tom
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the info I just sent you, I feel you'll get really fast results that you truly deserve!!!

All the best,

Tom
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince, I hope you'll be able to contact the folks soon who should be able to get you some resolution to this problem!

All the best,
Miketpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also purchased a Parke cup from Chris Cronsell in April and never received it. He will not respond to emails or facebook messages.

Another victim,

Mike Myers
jvand678
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that I wasn't the only person this guy duped.... I paid for a Sparx cornet mouthpiece.

As for restitution through Paypal, you also have to make sure you didn't use personal payment....

Best of luck to all and others beware....
Vince.Green
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this thread doesn't show up on "latest forum topics". Is that because it's in Reville? Hopefully the word is getting out.
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince, I privately gave you the information (name and number) of the AF person at that guy's unit, and he's aware of your situation (and very interested in investigating things). I believe that Vince has chosen not to make that call.

The seller who ripped several of you off is being "separated" from the AF in September so time is very short for the AF to investigate and possibly get you restitution . . . but they need people to contact them to have a basis to investigate.

However, if anyone else was screwed over by that guy, please send me a PM and I'll hook you up with folks who might be able to at least get your money back.

Hopefully the guy is just lazy but well-intentioned, and will make things right . . . and I surely want to give him the benefit of doubt!

But you better act now if you want a resolution on your dispute!
jvand678
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little googling shows that his father passed away about a week after we aid him. I was personally giving him a little leniency due to that. Tom, look for a PM.
gbdeamer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jvand678 wrote:
A little googling shows that his father passed away about a week after we aid him. I was personally giving him a little leniency due to that. Tom, look for a PM.

The death of his father isn't an excuse for taking money from people, but kudos to you for cutting him a break for it.
jvand678
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say it was excusable! It definitely isn't. I was merely saying I gave him a little slack because of it; unfortunately too much...

I usually feel awful if it takes me more than a day to ship someone's item.
jvand678
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received a refund plus 20 bucks this morning. Hopefully the rest of you guys experienced the same.

All the best,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: