• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Jouko Harjanne

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if anybody knew where I could find Jouko Harjanne recordings. Everywhere I looked (Amazon, Tower, Barnes & Noble, Border's) only had like 3 of his cd's, and I already have them. If anyone knows who has them please tell me.
Thanks.
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to see that someone else has discovered this trumpet artist as well. He's tone is so crystal clear - it's even better in person than on the CD's. He runs the Brass Week festival in Lieksa, Finland - which I got to attend once. He also gave a few concerts and masterclasses in Minnesota a few years back (which I also attended). Plus, he's a nice guy.

As far as getting his CDs, most of them are under the Finlandia record label. Supposedly this is distributed under Warner Bros. to their dealers, but I too have discovered that only 2-3 CD are available here. I have bought most of mine overseas in Europe. However there are a couple places to try.

This is Jouko's Website.
http://www.musicfinland.com/harjanne/
It has info about his recordings. You can try ordering from the US distributor - Atlantic Records or you can contact the Finnish Fuga CD shop and have them ship them to you I guess. (the link is on the recordings page)

ITG also recorded a CD of Jouko that you can order (from ITG, only). There is another version of it on the European market - both called "Trumpet Experience."

Buy the way, which recordings do you have?
I got the "Finnish Trumpet Concertos" when I was in High School from my relatives in Finland before I really knew anything about him or trumpet. Later, I got a few others, some which aren't available in the US, and a few that are.

Good Luck in your recording quest.

Marko
AK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marko-
I have a few questions.
1.) Have you ever ever dealt with the Fuga CD shop?
2.) Will they ship to the U.S, and how much does it cost?
The CD's I have are; American Trumpet Sonata's, Virtuoso Trumpet, and Trumpet Adagio.
Thanks for the help.
big brian
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AK, I sent you an email when you first posted this thread with a website and JK's email address...did you ever get them?

Brian
AK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian-
Yeah, I got your e-mail. Jouko did not know where to buy the CD's in the U.S and suggested the Fuga CD shop. His playing tips were very helpful however. Thanks for the info.

AK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Recordings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: