• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Takuya Kuroda's vintage Bach?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Def Trumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Takuya Kuroda's vintage Bach? Reply with quote

Anybody know what kind of Bach Takuya Kuroda plays on? It looks vintage, but with the adjustable third slide ring and single brace, I can't immediately place it.
Cool player too if you haven't checked him out!

ACB 3CS
rockford
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From checking out the pictures it looks like a pre-1957 Mt. Vernon Stradivarius model. It says Mt. Vernon on the bell but the longer mouthpiece receiver, finger hook and shorter tuning slide narrows it down to the older Mt. Vernon's made between 1953-57. Bach trumpets were mostly standardized by that time so, odds are it's a ML 37 followed close by the ML 43. L 25 and lightweight M 37 or 38 are also possibilities. We need the serial number and bore marking to know for sure.
Def Trumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockford wrote:
From checking out the pictures it looks like a pre-1957 Mt. Vernon Stradivarius model. It says Mt. Vernon on the bell but the longer mouthpiece receiver, finger hook and shorter tuning slide narrows it down to the older Mt. Vernon's made between 1953-57. Bach trumpets were mostly standardized by that time so, odds are it's a ML 37 followed close by the ML 43. L 25 and lightweight M 37 or 38 are also possibilities. We need the serial number and bore marking to know for sure.

Thanks, Rockford! His sound is similar to what I get with my Mt. Vernon, so I was curious. I'm really intrigued by that early Bach sound profile but with a few tweaks or modifications (less bracing, etc.). Always cool to see different versions of Bach horns.
ACB 3CS
rockford
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Def Trumpet wrote:
rockford wrote:

Thanks, Rockford! His sound is similar to what I get with my Mt. Vernon, so I was curious. I'm really intrigued by that early Bach sound profile but with a few tweaks or modifications (less bracing, etc.). Always cool to see different versions of Bach horns.
Most of the lyre holders I've seen on the older Bach's are the kind that screw on around a tube. Easily removed. Not often you find one actually soldered on. I thought I saw a little diamond shape where the missing brace would have been. Not conclusive though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: