• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Alternate Mouthpiece Warm-Up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fnchdrms87
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: Alternate Mouthpiece Warm-Up Reply with quote

On the bottom of page 6, there is a very challenging exercise with the instructions "quick alternative to save time when exercises 3 and 4b are mastered"...I have never heard or seen anyone perform this exercise as written (in one breath might I add as Roy Poper prescribes) nor is there much discussion about this particular exercise in general. Am I to believe this an impossible task or that this exercise is more trouble than it is worth?
trumpetrich

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy had me work this exercise in on the mouthpiece after the first four lines of #3 starting on low c and playing as far as possible on one breath as part of my daily warmup. He wasn't overly concerned about how far I could go into the eighth note intervals at first (that would develop over time), but stressed the stability of embouchure and air stream (not loud, but steady, fast air) when descending to the pedal c and back. The efficiency necessary stems from maintaining the embouchure shape through the pedal register. With consistent, thoughtful practice over time it is very possible to make it to the octave c eighths on one breath.
JimFrye

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> James Stamp All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: