• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

James thompson buzzing book

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dasloan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've been working on it going on a year now, and I have nothing but respect for this book. Ever since I have been using this book, my sound has become more calm, focused and centered and my low range has just blossomed. Before I had a problem with tensing up as I descended, but this book helped me relax. And the CD, as cheesy as it may seem, is also very useful. Listening to the accompaniment helped me blow right down the center of the mouthpiece/horn to play better in tune.

Just a great book, definitely recommend, just don't get impatient; it takes time.
dasloan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nascar Trumpeter wrote:
He there fellers....

I was wonderin.....why are y'all playing the mouthpiece so much? If I wanna play the trumpet, shouldn't I practice the trumpet? Does playin a certain kinda mouthpiece more helpful or is my Bach ok?

THanks, fellas...

-cletus

The trumpet is merely the amplification of the mouthpiece.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: