• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Lou has a new to her cornet

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirBuzzALot wrote:
I Guessed it would be a yammie after the other thread about meatsro's and xeno's / neo's !

Hi Al

I was surprised that the others who posted, didn't too. I went for the Yamaha primarily because I was looking for a large bore with 1st and 3rd slide triggers, popular brass band choice in the UK, and after the Sovereign/Prestige, the Yamaha would be the next obvious choice. Also, I had previously owned a Maestro, which I liked, and had liked the Xeno when I briefly tried one before. Being miles away from any music stores with any stock, an eight month old baby and a five year old with learning difficulties and associated challenging behaviour, I wanted to also be able to try in my own home.

Still playing my Meastro 12 years after I was 'told to' lol - would like to give the xeno / neo a blow to see how they compare.

It would be interesting. I owned a Maestro when they first came out, so years ago, so have no idea how they compare. I've heard that the Xeno and Neo are similar.

Stick with it and resist going back to 'what your used to' so that you give it a fair go.

I am. I've packed my other cornets away for now, and am playing only the Xeno. The more I play it, the more I like it.

Any future mouthpiece changes should be easier to assess as you would be used to the cornet and would not be worrying about the instrumnet.

Very true. I'm using the mouthpiece which I used with my Bach 184ML for now. I don't intend to experiment with mouthpieces in the near future, maybe not at all, as I never did with my Bach 184ML and haven't with my trumpet or flugel.

Take Care

Lou

Al

B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Bach Strad 183 - Bach 3CFL
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
bootly3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olds Ambassador, great Cornet!
Stomvi Master Cornet
F. Besson Picc/Kanstul
MP Schilke 16B4b with bottom Cup opened
Screech Piece Stork Studio Custom 2VM
Dale Proctor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: