• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Blessing C?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ben folds

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having recently joined an orchestra (the Louisville Youth Orchestra), I've found the need for a good C trumpet. Sight-transposing from Bb isn't the most fun. And with my birthday coming up on 10/04, I figured I'd ask my parents for one. I asked about a Schilke, or maybe a Yamaha or Bach, but all 3 are out of my price range. However, I found what looks to be a good deal on eBay. It's a new Blessing 152 C trumpet, going for just under $700. Now, I don't know anything about Blessing at all. Is this horn any good? For reference, my Bb is a Schilke B5. I'm not expecting anything of this quality, but I know I won't use a C quite as much as my Bb, so I don't need (not to mention can't afford) the best of the best anyway.

EDIT: Nevermind the stuff about eBay, just found the same trumpet at wwbw.com for less. But the question still stands- is this horn worth my (parents') money?

[ This Message was edited by: ben folds on 2003-09-24 14:14 ]
vivace
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blessings suck.. nuff said
Irving
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you, I would start saving your money for a good C trumpet. If you buy a Blessing, you will be dissatisfied with it. In the meantime, you can work on your transposition, and learn to play all of the parts that come your way on Bb. Then, when you get your C, you will already know how to transpose. It will just be a question of becoming familiar with other keys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: