• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

I want an all around mouthpiece

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richarddownunder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: I want an all around mouthpiece Reply with quote

[/quote]I guess since one of our necromancers summoned this thread from the dead, I'll comment on this.

The regular Schilke 15 (no letter) is, for me, a great all-around mouthpiece. I agree with Al the middle-of-the-road Schilkes like the 15 or the 15B are great all-around mouthpieces.

The reason I love the Schilke 15 (no letter) so much is because it FEELS comfortable (has the "free-blowing" feeling to me, so the mouthpiece isn't "resisting" my airflow) and the rim is amazingly comfy. PLUS, the Schilke 15's rim is like a Bach 1.5 in size, but the cup depth is medium-deep instead of deep. This means a player won't have an unusually dark timbre because the cup of the Schilke 15 is decently deep, but it isn't a freaking bathtub for orchestra-only stuff.[/quote]

Not wishing to Hijack this although, as you say it is an old thread...How do you rate the Schilke 16C4 in comparison to the 15? I have recently bought a Schilke 17 which has a great sound but I cant get past high C (so yes, a bathtub). I think the 15 and 16C4 have similar diameters but the 16C4 a slightly flatter rim. I'm now wondering if I should try the 15 as its says it is free blowing and is only slightly bigger than my Yamaha16C4 which is what I'm trying to improve on.
Cheers
Richard
improver
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem OP. Find a good old 7c its deeper than the 3c and only negligibly smaller.
Jon Arnold
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot say enough good things about Stomvi flex mouthpieces and I have owned about everything out there.

https://stomvi-usa.com/artificial-intelligence-mouthpiece-guru/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: