• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Spach's Low-Stress Exercises

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spach
Veteran Member

Location: yazoo county, ms via northern calif. via central calif. via southern calif.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Spach's Low-Stress Exercises Reply with quote

I recently organized the exercises I've written over the past couple of years, and had them bound into a little book. There are 5 main sections with 68 pages of exercises. I'm posting the cover, intro, and contents pages. If you're interested in seeing the exercises, drop me a PM with an email where I can send them, or send me an email -- mine is on the intro page.
Cheers,
Spach

1925 (or '34) MEHA (#878**)(.460)(4 3/4" bell)(32.6 oz.)
"Where, then, does the soul reside with its better body while it awaits the sound of the trumpet?"--Stephen J. Gould
TrumpetMD
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing!

Mike
Plus a few other Bach, Getzen, Olds, Carol, HN White, and Besson horns.
plp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sent you an email, thanks for posting this.

Now just to be clear, this WILL clear up all my trumpet playing problems, give me another octave range, the ability to double and triple tongue, and unlimited endurance, right?
Since all other motives—fame, money, power, even honor—are thrown out the window the moment I pick up that instrument..... I play because I love doing it, even when the results are disappointing. In short, I do it to do it.” Wayne Booth
brassjunky
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for emailing the exercises. I particularly like the basically bach one.
spach
Veteran Member

Location: yazoo county, ms via northern calif. via central calif. via southern calif.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plp wrote:
Just sent you an email, thanks for posting this.

Now just to be clear, this WILL clear up all my trumpet playing problems, give me another octave range, the ability to double and triple tongue, and unlimited endurance, right?

Ah, hmm, no, but some people might say you need to get yourself a Monette to do all that.
"Where, then, does the soul reside with its better body while it awaits the sound of the trumpet?"--Stephen J. Gould
spach
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brassjunky wrote:
Thanks for emailing the exercises. I particularly like the basically bach one.

You're welcome...don't forget to breath!
spach
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've emailed these exercises to about 50 or so THer's who requested them. And to everyone, I'd like to say I hope you found some good from the exercises. If anyone has comments or suggestions about using the exercises, please let me know. I'd love to hear what you have to say.
dcpritchett

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the first 45 pages rather easy, as long as you don't play them all at once. However, when you get to the back of the book you discover that Spach has a mean streak. He writes intervals that you don't expect, slips in notes above the staff that will give you a nosebleed and just generally assumes you can really play a trumpet. I say thank you very much. None of us should begin to think we have totally regained our youthful prowess. This book can be hard on the ego as well as the chops. Thanks for the work out.
spach
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the critique, dc...very glad you enjoyed it!
Levinell

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love to try it. Last time I played regularly was '91. I'll send an email tomorrow
ayottemusic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:31 am    Post subject: Spach Etudes Reply with quote

Dear Wayne,

I just started trolling the Trumpet Herald forums and came across your post about the Spach etudes. Could you send me some sample exercises. I'm a comeback player, too, and am looking for something low-impact to re-establish my sound and technique.

Best regards,
Ben
gbshelbymi
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of us could even get to play Spach on a Bach!
spach
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Greg....

Thanks for all the requests, people. I hope the exercises live up to your expectations. If you happen to not have any, I hope you enjoy them, and that they help in some way. As for sending them out in emails, I've been waiting about a week or so to send them out so as not to have to email many separate replies...saves bandwidth! Right now there are about 7 or 8 requests that I'll send out the first part of next week.
Stay well,
Spach
ChuckK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Spach's Low-Stress Exercises Reply with quote

spach wrote:
I recently organized the exercises I've written over the past couple of years, and had them bound into a little book. There are 5 main sections with 68 pages of exercises. I'm posting the cover, intro, and contents pages. If you're interested in seeing the exercises, drop me a PM with an email where I can send them, or send me an email -- mine is on the intro page.
Cheers,
Spach

I wrote to Wayne and asked for a copy. He very graciously sent it to me. I found it to be a fine set of very intelligently and musically laid out exercises. I can tell you it made me wish I had had this when I was still teaching Middle School Band. I would have made a wonderful extra credit exercise. Wayne has done an excellent job of getting concepts condensed to a usable form.
I highly recommend that you contact him for a copy. His email is above. You won't regret it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: