• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Need Part for Vintage Holton Galaxy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brassman19
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:21 am    Post subject: Need Part for Vintage Holton Galaxy Reply with quote

Hi. I'm posting this because I recently bought a 1961 Holton Galaxy G44 trumpet, and, like most Galaxies out there, it is missing its original 3rd slide stop rod and end nut. Check out the link below for a more closeup pic of what that stop rod and nut looks like (5th picture):

https://reverb.com/item/39570973-holton-galaxy-trumpet-1964-with-3rd-slide-lock-pro-model-refurbished-case-and-holton-67-mp

Does anybody have an idea where I might be able to get ahold of an original one of these, or a suggestion for another horn maker's stop rod and nut that might be similar to it, or be able to be modified to work and operate properly in my horn? Or, if neither of the two previous possibilities, could somebody maybe suggest an aftermarket-made 3rd slide stop rod and nut that could be made to work in my horn, along with where I can find and purchase such a part?

Thanks.

Larry
chickenburger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this!
Man Of Constant Sorrow
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to find something from the Martin horns.

During 1963-1964, Holton was "absorbed" by RMC, which had recently acquired Martin Musical Instrument Company. I believe (?) Blessing was also part of this merger.
There was a "cross-pollination" (my term), and sharing of common parts between the companies.

I have an RMC MARTIN Galaxy trumpet. And, an RMC MARTIN Galaxy flugelhorn; which is a surprisingly excellent flugelhorn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: