• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

NEW Bach Commercial Trumpet Mouthpieces

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
groovinhigher
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject: NEW Bach Commercial Trumpet Mouthpieces Reply with quote

The NEW Bach commercial trumpet mouthpieces come in a 3, 5, 7, 10 1/2 in either a shallow cup or modified v cup.

So example 3S, 3MV, etc... they have a 27 throat and a new back bore that really dials it all in too. This series are great lead / .commercial type playing and this way if you play for example your 3C for somethings then for lead or jazz you like a shallower but want to keep the same rim diameter you can then play a 3S or 3MV.

They debuted at the NAMM show, got great reviews and should be in your local music stores soon as most made their orders at the show, or ask you local dealer to get them in soon, really turned out great and a nice addition to the Bach line. The suggested retail is $110 but most dealers will sell them for a little less. This series is great for lead, commercial type playing, great feel and sound.
www.richwetzel.com
www.facebook.com/rich.wetzel
Kenbell

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: NEW Bach Commercial Trumpet Mouthpieces Reply with quote

groovinhigher wrote:
The NEW Bach commercial trumpet mouthpieces come in a 3, 5, 7, 10 1/2 in either a shallow cup or modified v cup.

So example 3S, 3MV, etc... they have a 27 throat and a new back bore that really dials it all in too. This series are great lead / .commercial type playing and this way if you play for example your 3C for somethings then for lead or jazz you like a shallower but want to keep the same rim diameter you can then play a 3S or 3MV.

They debuted at the NAMM show, got great reviews and should be in your local music stores soon as most made their orders at the show, or ask you local dealer to get them in soon, really turned out great and a nice addition to the Bach line. The suggested retail is $110 but most dealers will sell them for a little less. This series is great for lead, commercial type playing, great feel and sound.[/img]

These may have been at NAMM, but I didn't try them. I hope they modified the standard Bach rim to complement the commercial aspect of these mpcs. If they didn't, and just used the standard, uncomfortable, "bite into your lip", Bach rims, these mouthpieces will be a, pardon the pun, commercial disaster and Bach will lose hundreds of thousands of dollars in research and development money, like they did with their stupid idea of reintroducing NY style trumpets with the 7 leadpipe. No one wanted them and it was a sales disaster. They actually deserved that, because they stold the idea...and it backfired on them.
groovinhigher
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we did modify the rim after a lot of play testing by multiple players as we worked on the design. A little more rounded, softer inner bite, feels great.

At the show those that did try them really liked the mouthpieces too.
www.richwetzel.com
www.facebook.com/rich.wetzel
Kenbell

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

groovinhigher wrote:
Yes, we did modify the rim after a lot of play testing by multiple players as we worked on the design. A little more rounded, softer inner bite, feels great.

Are the rims similar to the cushion rims found on the Schilke A4a series mpcs ? That would be optimal.
dbacon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB

Last edited by dbacon on Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
dbacon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB

Last edited by dbacon on Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
steevo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW Bach Commercial Trumpet Mouthpieces Reply with quote

Rich,

Thanks for posting. By the way, it is posts like these on Trumpet Herald where I have learned about ANYTHING new in the Bach line. The Artisan trumpets and mouthpieces, the "Mariachi" and the 190 series 37 Anniversary trumpet were talked about here a long time before anything was shown on the bachbrass.com website. The latest "news" from the news section of the site is dated a little over three years ago.
ewetho
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dillonmusic.com/p-23916-bach-commercial-trumpet-mouthpieces.aspx

Has a picture and specs

#56 Backbore and 27 Throat
Schilke 20D2d 22 throat
hackney_wick
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete

Last edited by hackney_wick on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
razeontherock
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW Bach Commercial Trumpet Mouthpieces Reply with quote

Kenbell wrote:
these mouthpieces will be a, pardon the pun, commercial disaster and Bach will lose hundreds of thousands of dollars in research and development money, like they did with their stupid idea of reintroducing NY style trumpets with the 7 leadpipe.

OWWW!

I have no idea how many of those sold, but any specimen I played, played beautifully. These were the first horns from Bach that broke the "inconsistency" mold they had become so infamous for. I really love the #7 pipe, and my daily player has a copy of it, which is something I did not learn until years after buying that horn.

This is great news that Bach offers mpcs with this in mind! Had they done that back when, Bob Reeves may never have grown his business into what it is today ...
mafields627
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that I am most interested in is how different the rim is from the standard pieces. I don't handle changes in contour well and was hoping it would be the same. Maybe this rim will be great and be worth getting scanned into a 3C underpart.

No representation is made that the quality of this post is greater than the quality of that of any other poster. Oh, and get a teacher!
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

groovinhigher wrote:

Bach 3C, 5C, 7C, 10.5C all have historically had very different feeling rims. Do the new pieces preserve those differences or are they now more uniform as with say the Yamaha line? I ask because I can play a Yamaha 11 through 14 without any appreciable pain but I can't say that about the standard Bach pieces where the 3C and 10.C feel fine but the 5C and 7C hurt my face.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
Usedtobegood
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered a 3MV from Dillon.....screaming deal at $75 with free 2 day shipping!

http://www.dillonmusic.com/p-23916-bach-commercial-trumpet-mouthpieces.aspx
cjl
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm ... a lot of mass in that mouthpiece. I thought commercial players gravitated more towards skeletonized pieces?

I always found it funny that the megatones were priced higher when they have the simplest exterior shape, that is, they should require less cutting time. But with machines doing all the work that doesn't matter, I suppose. But there would appear to me no production reason for the greater expense.

Would be interested in trying one, of course.

-- Joe
Dale Proctor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The exterior looks a lot like the Conn BI-222 mouthpiece that came with my 1929 Conn 22B trumpet.
Usedtobegood
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree....I had to try it too and with Paypal $$ just burning a hole in my pocket...well...
Dale Proctor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usedtobegood wrote:
I agree....I had to try it too and with Paypal $$ just burning a hole in my pocket...well...

Let us know how you like it. I'd be interested in seeing a picture of the inside rim and cup shape.
adagiotrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: NEW Bach Commercial Trumpet Mouthpieces Reply with quote

Kenbell quote: These may have been at NAMM, but I didn't try them. I hope they modified the standard Bach rim to complement the commercial aspect of these mpcs. If they didn't, and just used the standard, uncomfortable, "bite into your lip", Bach rims, these mouthpieces will be a, pardon the pun, commercial disaster and Bach will lose hundreds of thousands of dollars in research and development money, like they did with their stupid idea of reintroducing NY style trumpets with the 7 leadpipe. No one wanted them and it was a sales disaster. They actually deserved that, because they stold the idea...and it backfired on them.[/quote]

Quick, somebody hire this guy. He clearly has a pulse on the industry without actually trying anything. I guess those of us who like and use current Bach rims as well as thought the "New York" style trumpet was a winner don't know our asses from our elbows. Ironically, had Kenbell actually tried the new commercial mouthpieces, he would not have been able to rant about them. I can't speak for Kenbell, but I have actually been to the Bach factory and seen first hand what they are doing. I applaud their efforts to preserve the past in the form of continuing to produce the "standard" models as well as look to the future with new and exciting models of instruments and mouthpieces.

On a different note how does the Bach corporation steal an idea, as Kenbell claims, for a horn based on a horn and leadpipe they originally made in the first place?

By the way, I do not work for Bach, am not endorsed by Bach, and they did not approve this message.
rockford
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: NEW Bach Commercial Trumpet Mouthpieces Reply with quote

Kenbell wrote:
groovinhigher wrote:

They debuted at the NAMM show, got great reviews and should be in your local music stores soon as most made their orders at the show, or ask you local dealer to get them in soon, really turned out great and a nice addition to the Bach line. The suggested retail is $110 but most dealers will sell them for a little less. This series is great for lead, commercial type playing, great feel and sound.[/img]

These may have been at NAMM, but I didn't try them. I hope they modified the standard Bach rim to complement the commercial aspect of these mpcs. If they didn't, and just used the standard, uncomfortable, "bite into your lip", Bach rims, these mouthpieces will be a, pardon the pun, commercial disaster and Bach will lose hundreds of thousands of dollars in research and development money, like they did with their stupid idea of reintroducing NY style trumpets with the 7 leadpipe. No one wanted them and it was a sales disaster. They actually deserved that, because they stold the idea...and it backfired on them.
Lots of new and retro products keeps the Bach trumpet offerings interesting. This concept has been pretty popular. Bach sells everything they make.
rufflicks
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich,
Is the new commercial MV cup based on the 5MV cup from the standard line?

The Comparative Mouthpiece Guide For Trumpet by Gerald Endsley shows Bach 2-8 rims all measure an ID of .655 This leaves rim shape/contour as the reason for the perceived diametric difference. If the rims were reshaped how do the 3,5 and 7 rims differ in shape in order to retain the perceived individual size of the original rims?

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Jon

Remember this is supposed to be fun.

Last edited by rufflicks on Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: