• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New Carolbrass Long Model Bb Cornet

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
desmo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:11 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote

It seems that is only available in US

It's a pity because if you want a long model cornet in EU you don't have to many choices:
Pro: Bach or Schilke
Student models: yamaha 2310-III

No intermediate models ...

delano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hub van Laar produces a long cornet, the Kevin R. Clark model which I suspect to be outstanding. An older Yamaha 2310 or 231 will do everything you want, though billed as a student horn still they are excellent players.
blbaumgarn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject: New Carol Brass long cornet Reply with quote

If you haven't perhaps you should try the Schilke A1. The best long cornet I ever played, be that many years ago. Wonderful sound and enough projection to reach out there in a hall. That would go out the door about a thousand less than the Taylor you mentioned. Still big bucks but if you play it alot worth the money.
abundrefo
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but there is something I'd like to ask any of you who have tried/bought the 3880 LONG model.

Does this long model version of the 3880 cornet come with regular weight or heavy weight valve caps?

There is this video of Trent Austin playing a large bore long model 3880 and it has regular weight caps, but I'm not sure if this is a standard or custom configuration of the CCR-3880/3882-GSS(LB)-L model:

Link
Brassnose
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not as as bad you say (though almost): there are some long cornets on eBay plus there are some instrument makers that will also make you a long cornet (even though some don’t post them on their website.

I know that Martin Böhme has already made long cornets, for example. Here is his Facebook site, scroll down quite a bit:
https://de-de.facebook.com/WerkstattBoehme/

Moreover, if you contact Carol Brass or another manufacturer, they will probably be happy to make you one.
1980/2023 Custom Blessing Scholastic C 😎
1977 Conn 6B
1951 Buescher 400 Lightweight
AR Resonance, Frate, Klier
loweredsixth
Heavyweight Member

Location: Fresno, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abundrefo wrote:
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but there is something I'd like to ask any of you who have tried/bought the 3880 LONG model.

Does this long model version of the 3880 cornet come with regular weight or heavy weight valve caps?

There is this video of Trent Austin playing a large bore long model 3880 and it has regular weight caps, but I'm not sure if this is a standard or custom configuration of the CCR-3880/3882-GSS(LB)-L model:

Link

Trent bought this horn from me. It was a completely custom build, and I requested the regular weight caps. To be honest, they might only build these on request as custom orders. If so, then there isn’t really a “standard configuration”.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: