• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Inderbinen Silverart

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kronoslestai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:37 am    Post subject: Inderbinen Silverart Reply with quote

I am interested in Inderbinen instruments. I will not have an opportunity to play them prior to purchasing. I am aware of the cost being a premium and I am aware of the famous musicians that play and endorse their instruments. I am hopeful others here on TH have had the opportunity to play the Inderbinen SILVERART. Through the search engine I have been able to read threads on some of his other trumpets (mainly the Alpha, Amarone, and the Studie) but can't find much discussion on the Silverart and its playing characteristics. I am aware of Roy Hargroves playing and have watched much but am interested in more 'mortal players' perspective! Any and all info thoughts experiences are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Kronoslestai
shofarguy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Inderbinen Silverart Reply with quote

Kronoslestai wrote:
I am interested in Inderbinen instruments. I will not have an opportunity to play them prior to purchasing. I am aware of the cost being a premium and I am aware of the famous musicians that play and endorse their instruments. I am hopeful others here on TH have had the opportunity to play the Inderbinen SILVERART. Through the search engine I have been able to read threads on some of his other trumpets (mainly the Alpha, Amarone, and the Studie) but can't find much discussion on the Silverart and its playing characteristics. I am aware of Roy Hargroves playing and have watched much but am interested in more 'mortal players' perspective! Any and all info thoughts experiences are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Kronoslestai

I attended the 2013 NAMM show in Anaheim and had a chance to play the trumpets and flugelhorn on display at the Inderbinen booth. In my opinion, the model that stood out as the most "normal," best sounding and best playing trumpet was the Alpha. The other models produced an odd reed-like feedback sound that I found hard to understand. It was a very different sound than any other brand of trumpet I've ever experienced. Others have said that one gets used to that sound and that the projected sound is good, but I don't have enough time on any of them to know if that is true or not.

That being said, I think trumpet players buy Inderbinen for reasons other than simply the playing performance. I think art, exclusivity and personality have much more to do with the decision, because I think one can find a comparable or even superior instrument for far less money. But, one can only find the Inerbinen experience in one place.

Flip Oakes Wild Thing Bb Trumpet in copper
Flip Oakes Wild Thing Flugelhorn in copper

There is one reason that I practice: to be ready at the downbeat when the final trumpet sounds.
BrigantiumJazz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Inderbinen Alpha 100 and the flugelhorn Wood.

Iīm living about 100 km away from Inderbinen and therefore I hat the chance to test the instruments there.

I testet several Inderbinen trumpets. I am an Amateur and only the Alpha fits me. Itīs true, that each trumpet from Inderbinen are Special in Tone and responce. I was faszinated in the Sound of the Alpha but I must Play several months to get the right Feeling for the Instrument. All other trumpets are for pros or Players will an well developed embouchoure. The Silverart has a very Special Sound but it was very hard for me to Play.

The Wood Flugelhorn has the best Sound I ever heard (I also own an Couesnon flugel...).

I wouldnīt buye oder give an Inderbinen to order (about one year time to get one from Thomas Inderbinen!) without playing oder testing these fine (but very Special) instruments!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: