• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Warburton arturo Sandoval top

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYC-player
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the first guy to admit size matters, and I can feel subtle differences etc.

Really splitting hairs here.

Buffing and finishing can make two identical mouthpieces, made with top cnc lathe consistently feel totally different.

The science just ain't perfect. And NONE of those pieces will be identical to what Arturo plays, and none of will sound identical to Arturo....for better or worse.

Mouthpieces for trumpet are very cheap compared to other instruments, and with Arturo!s name will have decent ...to very good resale.

Just buy the thing. Try it, play the snot out of it...don't like it, sell it. Or make a water bong out of it.
Martinharris
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gordon
What's confusing me is that terry warburton says that the arturo Sandoval top has a wider/thicker rim then a normal warburton rim! I have a curry 3C (which should be very close in thickness to arturo's rim and I know the curry rim is not nearly as thick as the warburton standard rim.
Also, one person on this forum has said that the arturo top has a thinner profile then a curry 3C!
I'm confused
NYC-player
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oy...
GordonH
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martinharris wrote:
Thanks Gordon
What's confusing me is that terry warburton says that the arturo Sandoval top has a wider/thicker rim then a normal warburton rim! I have a curry 3C (which should be very close in thickness to arturo's rim and I know the curry rim is not nearly as thick as the warburton standard rim.
Also, one person on this forum has said that the arturo top has a thinner profile then a curry 3C!
I'm confused

I am confused too.
I think what we are seeing is scans of different 3C mouthpieces. Maybe Arturo had ore than one 3C?

If it is any help a friend of mine was involved in a gig with Arturo a couple of years ago and he was playing a 1.5C... Actually that makes sense as the 1.5C current version is closer to the older 3C's.

I think its a case of finding something that works for you. In an ideal world I could have the same rim on every mouthpiece but I find the Curry 3 and the HT 3 easy to switch between even though they are different.
Cornet - Geneva Heritage, Conn 28A
Mouthpieces - Monette 1-5 rims and similar.

Licensed Radio Amateur - GM4SVM
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delano wrote:
This thread is going alittle bit weird but also confusing. How is it possible that the HT's MV3C and the W Arturo cup are both copies of Arturo's MtV 3C but that they ate quite different in cup depth?
And am I the only one who really loves the Warburton Arturo cup?

The Horntrader mouthpieces have the same rim contour (shape) as Arturo's mouthpiece, but not the same rim (cup) diameter.

If the Warburton is an exact copy of Arturo's favorite MV3C (as is Jim New's), then I'm sure I'd love it, too!

Cheers,

John
intrepidpooch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an ancient thread, but since I recently purchased a Warbturton Arturo top, I thought I'd chime in. The Arturo top has the smallest feeling rim diameter out of all the Mt. Vernon 3C type mouthpieces I've ever played. It actually feels pretty close to Warburton's 4 series rim and in between a MC and MD as far as cup depth. It's my favorite out of all the Mt. Vernon Bach 3C "copies" I've ever played, although admittedly I've never tried the ACB version. Trent's regular ACB 3C (especially the Gen 2) is the best "3C" I've ever played.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HCarlHess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how the ACB MV3C compares to Arturo's mouthpiece, but I will say that Trent's MV3C is the best mouthpiece I've ever played. It is close to a modern 1 1/2C but far, far better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: