• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Extension?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seymor B Fudd
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:00 am    Post subject: Extension? Reply with quote

Since summer's on no concert performances around I have decided to
zero my practicing the BE; starting fresh again. Feels really great - this time no rushing....
A question though: the roll ins - should they be played as written or would it be of any advantage to continue chromatically from F down to Ciss when I begin on G going down through E, Eb, D Db (1 2 3 valves). And when I am on the subject - same procedure starting on high C?? Going down chromatically to Ciss.
Or was this the idea already from the start?
Yamaha YCRD2330II
Yamaha YCR6330II
Getzen Eterna Eb
Trumpets:
Yamaha 6335 RC Schilke 14B
King Super 20 Symphony DB (1970)
Selmer Eb/D trumpet (1974)
Seymor B Fudd
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: Extension? Reply with quote

Seymor B Fudd wrote:
Since summer's on no concert performances around I have decided to
zero my practicing the BE; starting fresh again. Feels really great - this time no rushing....
A question though: the roll ins - should they be played as written or would it be of any advantage to continue chromatically from F down to Ciss when I begin on G going down through E, Eb, D Db (1 2 3 valves). And when I am on the subject - same procedure starting on high C?? Going down chromatically to Ciss.
Or was this the idea already from the start?

Anyone?? Or am I "blowin' in the wind"?
It sure is more strenous to blow chromatically the full way down but is it of any advantage??
Yamaha YCRD2330II
Yamaha YCR6330II
Getzen Eterna Eb
Trumpets:
trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you search this forum, I doubt that you will find many who claim great benefit in doing RI using all seven valve positions.

But it depends on your personality. If you are the type of person who likes to grind everything down to the last detail, then adding more valve positions might be emotionally satisfying to you. You might feel like you are getting more work done, and thereby gain some benefit.

Quote:
- same procedure starting on high C?? Going down chromatically to Ciss.

Sorry, don't know what you are asking here.

Jeff
Seymor B Fudd
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetteacher1 wrote:
If you search this forum, I doubt that you will find many who claim great benefit in doing RI using all seven valve positions.

But it depends on your personality. If you are the type of person who likes to grind everything down to the last detail, then adding more valve positions might be emotionally satisfying to you. You might feel like you are getting more work done, and thereby gain some benefit.

Quote:
- same procedure starting on high C?? Going down chromatically to Ciss.

Sorry, don't know what you are asking here.

Jeff

Sorry being muddled; In the book from G down all seven positions ending on C# F# C# (just below staff) F# (last non pedal tone) and up again to C#. Coming from high C all the way down again. Roughly 2 1/2 octave. Perhaps still muddled??
I am somewhat prone to be a grinder ( organ grinder' s swing ....)but I have noticed my lips becoming somewhat battered grinding this way and that might be unnecessary. Hence the question!
Might be same old tendency fightening mother nature....
Trying to shortcut

added: As grinder I want to push the envelope - which you told me is basic in BE but I don't want to tear it apart. Obviously no one else but me can know when that is about to happen. Practicing some days "extended" I feel it might be to much.....
Who said this would be easy? But one variable is the sheer joy of practising feeling the development. Seems extension makes it less fun....
Maybe I should have shut up (chin inflated though) and carried on.
Yamaha YCRD2330II
Yamaha YCR6330II
Getzen Eterna Eb
Trumpets:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: