• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

NYC Chamber Group For Teens?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeromeharris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: NYC Chamber Group For Teens? Reply with quote

Does anyone here happen to know of a chamber brass program or group in the New York City area (Brooklyn or Manhattan, preferably) for high-school-aged players?

My daughter has been playing trumpet for five years, in school and after-school orchestra settings, as well as two four-week summer sessions at Interlochen. She's now in an after-school concert band, but she and I think she'd like and benefit from some small-ensemble experience. The only teen chamber brass group I've found so far conflicts with the symphonic band, which she prefers. Any ideas?

Thanks!
teb1034

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Manhattan School of Music, they offer a "preperatory" program on Saturday's that features excellent orchestras and private lessons with professional musicians... mostly all in the NY Phil, MET, NYC Ballet, etc, etc, etc. I'm not sure about chamber music, but I would strongly suggest contacting them!
Here's the link: http://www.msmnyc.edu/prep/

MSM is located at 122nd/Broadway - easily accessible from 1/9 train via 125 or 116.

-TEB
pitchlevel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juilliard and mannes also have prep programs. check it out. also, i would look into the ny youth symphony, they had a chamber program when i was in it.
MalinTrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the Interschool Orchestras (ISO). They have 5 orchestras, a concert band and a chamber music program. I'm a brass coach at ISO. There phone number is 212 410 0370. Mentioning my name couldn't "hoit".

Larry Malin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: