• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Caruso after surgery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimpic75

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: Caruso after surgery Reply with quote

I had mitral valve repair surgery two weeks ago. They were able to do the repair laparoscopicly. I have been buzzing on my mouthpiece since I came home from the hospital. I have been doing the 6 Notes and Lips, Mouthpiece, Horn (using the Buzzard as the horn by Warburton). I had started the Carmine Caruso method in August via the Julie Landsman videos and worksheets. I got up to week eight and beyond before surgery. My question is, do I have to start from the beginning when I physically start to play again?
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest that you not be in a hurry. You should probably start at the beginning. However, pay attention to your progress and don't feel like you need to spend a week on each lesson that you have previously practiced. If it is working pretty well after only a few days don't hesitate to move on. Also, don't hesitate to spend MORE time on one of those lessons if you feel like it is challenging and you would benefit from a few more days. The schedule is kind of arbitrary. However, once you get back to where you were before the surgery you should spend at least a week on each lesson.
Faculty Jamey Aebersold Jazz Workshops 1976-2019
JazzRetreats.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: